Sign in to follow this  
incredirog

18” 8.5j ET15 on a Touring?

I’ve acquired a set of wheels which I’m extremely keen to get on the car. It’s a square set but the offsets are a bit weird. Two ET38 and two ET15. I’ve got the equipment to roll the arches and am looking at running 225/40/18 front and rear. Should I try and fit the et15’s at the rear or the front? at the moment I have standard MV1’s with a 15mm spacer at front and 12mm spacer at rear. Any advice would be welcome!

Put the ET15's on the front. But they'll be more concave I think so might look weird! lol.

If you put the ET15's on the rear you might have to put camber arms on I think. According to willtheyfit.com the ET15 wheels will sit 35mm further out than MV1's (18x8.5J ET50).

Thanks for the reply momo, I also ran the numbers on willtheyfit but it’s hard to visualise it on the vehicle with no tyre on the rim. I think I’m gonna grind and roll and pull the arches until they fit and then tidy up the body work after. 

Ouch!

If the arches are clean atm i'd be tempted to leave them alone and fit camber arms instead..