James777

Tyres sizes for 19" MV4's - HELP!!

Gents

Looking for some help please. I quite fancy replacing the MV2's on my coupe with MV4's . The MV4's are:

Front - 8" x 19" ET37

Rear - 9" x 19" ET39

The car is currently lowered on Eibach Sportlines. I thought about 225/35/19 for the fronts and 255/30/19 for the rear. What do you think about this choice? Also, what size of spacer would you put on the front with the MV4's? 

Any comments, thoughts and ideas would be very much appreciated, as I'm fairly new to getting the right stance!!

Thanks

James

James the sizes you’ve mentioned are the OE fitment and will be fine, these go on no problem. As you’re on Sportlines I do t think the 255/30 will work, I’d go with maybe a 235/35. Slightly narrower but still fine on a 9J rim and a tad more sidewall too. 235/30 would be far too low profile. 

Edited by Daz 330 Cs

3 hours ago, Daz 330 Cs said:

Say what Bubba ? 

You don't see the link?

It's a link to another thread on this forum (albeit from a while ago) from someone who fitted the same wheels/tyre sizes to a coupe and said they rubbed when fully loaded.

4 hours ago, Daz 330 Cs said:

James the sizes you’ve mentioned are the OE fitment and will be fine, these go on no problem. As you’re on Sportlines I do t think the 255/30 will work, I’d go with maybe a 235/35. Slightly narrower but still fine on a 9J rim and a tad more sidewall too. 235/30 would be far too low profile. 

Daz, thanks for the advice. Couple of questions for you about the change of profile from 30 to 35 on the rear alloys. Why is it okay to have a 30 profile as OE but in my situation you say go for a 35 profile? What effect would this have, if any? Also, why does BMW do a lower profile on the rears than the fronts? My coupe has 225/40/18 on the fronts and 255/35/18 on the rears. Sorry for the questions, just trying to increase my limited knowledge on this as it's my first BMW.

James

James the second number is a percentage of the width. Most rear drive BMW’s will have wider rear wheels so the profile is a little less, this ensure the sidewall height are the same front and rear. It all depends on what room you have in the rear arches, you may even get away with a 245/35. 

1 hour ago, momo said:

You don't see the link?

It's a link to another thread on this forum (albeit from a while ago) from someone who fitted the same wheels/tyre sizes to a coupe and said they rubbed when fully loaded.

I’ve no idea Momo how I didn’t see the link, must have been half asleep still 😬

Gents

Sorry for the late response but thanks very much for all your help with this. One final question, what is the maximum width of alloys plus offset that will fit on my E46 without any poke. Is it front 8.5" ET? and rear 9.5" ET45 and what tyre size would you go for with the Sportline springs being fitted?

Thanks

James

2 hours ago, James777 said:

Thanks Daz for your help again. Did you have your arches rolled or pulled? Any links to some pictures?

James

No James, arches weren’t rolled. It’s a pain in the ass these days to upload pics on here, Photobucket links don’t work. Pm me your email and I’ll fire some images over, I’ve dozens.