evokid

330ci Fault Codes 227, 228, 65!! Help

As title really driving me nuts now! Keep getting engine management light on with following codes showing up! I've changed both inlet and exhaust Cam sensors, Cleaned MAF!! Next steps? Car still drives ok, but noticed a lag when the Eng management light comes on initially which could be signs i assume of cam sensor or vanos?

medium_227.jpg.f64b529895b654a751288279a

medium_228.jpg.ec19ec80cdc6bc8abd7c9a4a8

medium_65.jpg.f441e7f12e774af653ebaacced

I replaced Intake Cam sensor for A Delphi one (Should i get OEM BMW?) Used same for Exhaust one and it cured that fault code?

As for codes 227 and 228, i Read a forum link that soft failing Fuel Pump could be at fault, so this is my next step....

But anyone else had this?

Cheers 

Well changed my fuel pump today, so will see how we go! Just one of the reasons for these codes apparently!

I’m sure I had codes similar to those and it was the oxygen sensors post catalytic  . I can’t remember exactly as was a few years ago but worth you looking in to it

42 minutes ago, berts said:

I’m sure I had codes similar to those and it was the oxygen sensors post catalytic  . I can’t remember exactly as was a few years ago but worth you looking in to it

Thanks Berts, yeah maybe try those next as still getting the codes! :mad: