martauto

Crank case issue

I have a 325 cab se and it has gone off the rails yesterday as it runs very lumpy and stalls .

The guy who came out to look at it said it was the head gasket , I think he was wrong, as he was too quick to jump to the idea and was suprised to hear about my possible solution.

The oil and water have not mixed and the oil and water levels are good also the water temp is fine.

There was a small patch of oil under the car like it was forsed out but not a lot.

It starts OK and no smoke at all , but I have had a similar situation in my late 330 ci but not exactly the same .

Ideas please ??

Many thanks ,, Mart.

Don't think so, once they're cleared they're gone..

Does the exhaust smell normal? Sounds like it could be a fuelling issue. Have you had the fuel filter changed? Is it under the rear seat bench on petrol models?

I agree with you, can't really be HG as you'd see the oil/water mix.

They said the lamba sensor is not responding which is why it runs a bit uneven but I changed the plugs today and it ran better , not suprised really as the old ones were way past their best. How it ran with these is a mystery.

Back to the shop on tuesday for a new sonsor then.

Mart.

On 4/17/2019 at 15:05, martauto said:

Well the shop are replacing one of the coils today and they seem confident this is the issue so I will pick her up after work tomorrow and hope all is well.

Thanks for the input guys.

Mart.

Howd ya get on? Did this fix it?

Well the car still ran like crap so I was to take her back but the stater gave up. This was replaced this week and the car runs really good with an improved MPG. Do you think these two issues could possibly be linked somehow ?

Mart.