bmwtom

auto gearbox problems

hi guys i have a problem i recently broughta e46 325i convertible the bloke told me that the auto gearbox sump gasket was leaking so i drained the old fluid out then put a new filter in and filled it up with atf fluid , so i took it out for a little drive to see if every thing was ok it drove fine then i felt it jolt then i losed all forward gears and the cog symbol came on on the dash so i pluged it in to my laptop and thisis what it brought up any help woud be much appreciated .

2019-04-16_184839.pdf

Did you fill it up with the engine running and the box on neutral? If not you won't have got enough ATF in the box.

Kirkynut 

hi  kirkynut

no i don't think i did lol , but the motor parts place sold me the wrong oil for the auto box so drain it out and put 4 litres of the correct oil in it , think i might still need to top it up as took it back out today and it was a bit better but when i plugged the laptop in and checked the error codes for the auto box it came up with , pressure controller eds 1 , pressure controller eds 2 , pressure controller eds 3 , pressure controller eds 4 and gear check 4  , i don't suppose you would happen to know what these mean at all , thanks for the help