e30-bm

Best standard aftermarket springs - M Sport (not lowered)

Afternoon all

ive got a 330ci m sport - suspension is very bad! ive ordered new bilstein b4 shocks all round, but thinking while im there might as well renew springs as well, pretty sure one on the rear is broken a bit!

Ive had a look but most aftermarket eibach etc are all lowering springs, i dont want to lower the car or slam it or anything - im past that, this is a daily so will have passengers etc want something which is standard ride height for m-sport and comfortable,

if anyone has any suggestions?

thanks

Eibach pro kit (black springs) on your 330i will drop the front a tad and not touch the rear.

Eibach sportlines (red springs) will drop the front and close up the arch gap - you'll still be able to get your hand in over the top without bending it (to give you an idea). The rear will drop maybe 10mm.. Again, it'll just close up the arch gap.

Sportlines are absolutely fine for a daily! On the diesel you can't get sportlines so pro kit is the equivalent. I've NEVER had a problem and have been able to smack into and over speed bumps at pace, with ease!

Plus as a set you can't get 4 quality springs cheaper than Eibach. Plus they have 5yr warranties (which tbh is a pain to claim on as you need to remove the faulty part and send it back first).

problem is i cant lower it at all, i bought the car with staggered 19's so there is hardly any arch gap as is, and with a full car on the motorway it does touch going over dips, and i dont want to mess about with arches etc,

Take it i will have to go oem? Had a browse coudnt find anything tbh

OEM, unless you get springs from ECP will be very expensive! I think just the rears are approx £150 (they snap all the time).

Remember if one of your rear springs has already snapped it'll be sitting lower anyway.

Many others have fitted Sportline springs with staggered 19's and never had issues.. Sounds like there may be an issue with your setup already, or your rear tyres might be the wrong size.

As Momo says, Eibach springs are perfect. If you’ve no arch gap already something isn’t right. 

Will have a look tomorrow when i get them off,  looking at the pic of when I bought it - there is hardly any arch gap as is, from 4 years ago, obviously being a daily, I cba with scraping and bouncing over bumps! lol

e46.jpg

Looks like it.. The front should be a little higher on standards. But the rears will be the same

dont think it has tbh, it sits around the same as my friends 325 m sport, il have another look at the springs but they defo look original

OEM springs, Eibach pro kit and HR cup springs are all coated in black and if they've been fitted a while the logos will be difficult to find as the coating comes away..

standard m sport springs, dont look like anyones touched the suspension since new, oem bmw sachs shocks came off, and black red/ white striped springs, and a sheared shock mounting bolt on the knuckle, took best part of 3hrs to get the fker out without damaging the thread

new bilsteins have more travel/ longer than the old ones apparently there definitely m-sport shocks... Cant remember but is this good or bad? springs are still under good compression,

DSC_8715[1726].jpg