Tazman861

Electric fan fix?

Hi all

My electric fan has stopped working, I’ve checked that I’ve got voltage at the fan plug on the top of the fan and I’ve put 12v to the fan and it spins easily so I reckon the control box on the fan has failed

Is there anyone who can repair these (I know BMW doesn’t sell it separately) I’d rather not have to buy a complete new fan unit but I can’t see any other choice unless anyone knows differently??

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the same predicament a year or so ago. Seems the control unit, which is exposed to the elements and corrodes, can't be purchased on it's own. I bought a quality replacement fan unit for £165. On the plus side, it's a five minute job to swap new for old. I guess there's a possibility the control unit can be carefully opened, cleaned up and some soldering performed to repair - I don't own a soldering iron so this option was closed to me. There is an option in INPA to test the electric fan in isolation, which is handy.