Sign in to follow this  
JohnEyre

Radio/Sound System

Hi, 

I’ve had my E46 for 9 months now and want to know if there is any way to connect my iPhone to the sound system?? 

I would like to stream podcasts and music from my phone but accept that 2006 system may be too early for this technology. 

Thanks in advance. 

The only way i can think of thats cheap and easy is to buy for £10  a bluetooth transmitter that plugs into the cigarette lighter and you tune your radio to pick it up,ebay has them.

You can get after market stereos from Halfords and the like that will connect to your phone via bluetooth. I have one in mine.

If you want the OEM look there are Chinese ones on eBay like Erisin which get mixed reviews but you'll need to re-locate your aircon controls with a kit. The part numbers are in a sticky on the right section on here.

I'm not fussed, so have a single DIN in a faceplate. 

You'll also need a steering wheel control box to link to your after market head unit if not a Chinese unit, as they link straight up. Again,  Halfords will sort you out.

Kirkynut 

16 hours ago, alan53 said:

The only way i can think of thats cheap and easy is to buy for £10  a bluetooth transmitter that plugs into the cigarette lighter and you tune your radio to pick it up,ebay has them.

Thanks, I was thinking of giving this a go. 👍

4 hours ago, kirkynut said:

You can get after market stereos from Halfords and the like that will connect to your phone via bluetooth. I have one in mine.

If you want the OEM look there are Chinese ones on eBay like Erisin which get mixed reviews but you'll need to re-locate your aircon controls with a kit. The part numbers are in a sticky on the right section on here.

I'm not fussed, so have a single DIN in a faceplate. 

You'll also need a steering wheel control box to link to your after market head unit if not a Chinese unit, as they link straight up. Again,  Halfords will sort you out.

Kirkynut 

Thanks. 👍

My Shark fin aerial is ok.

My Mrs old rear screen heater based aerial wasn't as good, especially when you turned the heater on. 

Kirkynut