dunk1

Coolant hoses

If i replace the 5 hoses on my 330Ci with discount from BMW its £233 !!!!!

Any other good options out there, OEM appears to be Rein but only buy from the USA unless 

someone knows better 

I bought OE this morning, some hoses i found on my search listed as OEM when clearly they're not and a few 

like on GSF just listed as standard hoses whatever that means, the cheapies might very well last but i'm not

taking the chance.

Edited by dunk1

The main  dealer might not be as expensive as you'd think. Pay them a visit and cost it up. I think it will work out about the same. 

Kirkynut 

16 minutes ago, kirkynut said:

The main  dealer might not be as expensive as you'd think. Pay them a visit and cost it up. I think it will work out about the same. 

Kirkynut 

Already did but they're twice the price of the carparts places, i bit the bullet and OE hoses are waiting to be collected from my local BMW dealer, i got 20% off all the OE parts i've bought. The two main hoses that got to the stat are £74 and £61. On GSF they are £25 and £30 but unknown make 

Edited by dunk1

Gates stuff is good. Lots of stuff us made in China but is good as companies like Gates go out and set things up with British quality standards but just using Chinese labour. 

It's stuff made by a Chinese manufacturer that you need to look carefully at but some of it is good stuff, some of it is a joke.

Kirkynut 

1 minute ago, kirkynut said:

Gates stuff is good. Lots of stuff us made in China but is good as companies like Gates go out and set things up with British quality standards but just using Chinese labour. 

It's stuff made by a Chinese manufacturer that you need to look carefully at but some of it is good stuff, some of it is a joke.

Kirkynut 

Possibly its ok but usually one reason to get it made in China and that;s cheaper, i've seen on a video a Gates kit and the casting 

for the Tensioner is nothing like the original.