Sign in to follow this  
Enndee

Oil light weirdness!

I have had my 320i for almost 5 years and this weird issue as well. When I start the engine, after 10 seconds the oil warning light comes on and after 20 seconds it goes off. It ALWAYS does this regardless of whether the engine is hot or cold, whether the oil needs topping up or not, after an oil and filter change, winter, summer, short journey, long journey. I can switch the engine off, immediately restart it and it does it. Anyone got any ideas?
I will probably be selling the car soon and would really like to sort it before offering it for sale. The car is a Steel Blue 2001 320i Touring, 91,000 miles, one previous owner, grey leather, black M3 wheels, carbon fibre trim, if anyone is interested!😉

1 hour ago, Enndee said:

I have had my 320i for almost 5 years and this weird issue as well. When I start the engine, after 10 seconds the oil warning light comes on and after 20 seconds it goes off. It ALWAYS does this regardless of whether the engine is hot or cold, whether the oil needs topping up or not, after an oil and filter change, winter, summer, short journey, long journey. I can switch the engine off, immediately restart it and it does it. Anyone got any ideas?
I will probably be selling the car soon and would really like to sort it before offering it for sale. The car is a Steel Blue 2001 320i Touring, 91,000 miles, one previous owner, grey leather, black M3 wheels, carbon fibre trim, if anyone is interested!😉

Have you changed the oil level sensor? That would be my first port of call so to speak. 

If it's orange, not red, it's the oil level sensor taking its time to decide that the oil level is ok. They all do this.

I changed one on the Mrs old 325i, which we've sold on now but it still ended up doing it.

My 320i does it too. I'm not changing the sensor as it goes out after 10 seconds or so as you say. What's the issue with that?

Kirkynut