Sign in to follow this  
NorthernE46

6 pin wing mirror to 9 pin? Help

• Evening all. I collected a 2006 E46 convertible a few days ago and set about my first repair job this afternoon. The previous keeper had replaced the drivers wing mirror as the original one had been smashed off. He fitted it himself and did a bit of a bodge but just shoving the wiring loom and connector into the door card and cutting the original mirror wiring off. Now, the mirror he has fitted has a quad lock type connector which 9 wires attached. The original mirror on my car has 6 wires split across two, 3 pin connectors. 

Would anybody happen to know if I could cut the connector off the new mirror and join the wires to the original 6 wires and re use those connectors? I've no idea what color would correlate to what

Any help most appreciated, cheers guys. 

I've not messed with my mirrors I'm afraid. 

Has he left you the original plugs for the original mirrors or hacked it all about?

If he's left the original plugs I think I would be tempted to buy some correct mirrors in the right colour second hand and do it the easy way!

Kirkynut 

Yes it makes sense and it helps that the plugs have not been cut off in a botched effort to mate the two but I suggest you don't have a botched effort to mate the two and just get the right mirrors second hand. 

It has to be the easiest solution. 

Kirkynut