McPikie

HV05 LWH

Guys, I don't suppose anyone used to own this car?

I'm currently looking at it, but the seller says the service book was lost by her father (the owner). I'm usually very sceptical about stuff like that and walk away, but there's something about this car I really like. 

I don't know whether I am being spun a yarn here and they are just traders, but she tells me her dad bought it as a stop gap whilst having his 6 series repainted. BMW have confirmed there is "some history" with them, but they won't release the info to her because she's not the registered keeper. She's sent me some pics of some of the receipts, including sale bill from 2008 for 17k to Mr J Wough from Southampton.

It's a long way to travel for me if the car turns out to be a pig.

035664ae6eae4a5b99460c81a043600d.jpg

Looks a nice car mate,

Rear arch to bumper edge is usually rusty but that looks good which may bode well for the rest of it?! Ask the seller to photo all panels,boot floor,sill edges for any rust all shut lines of panels too & a video maybe of it running too & prove everything works like parking sensors . Suck eggs n all that but they should understand if your travelling a distance to view it that you need all the info you can get because it doesnt have FSH. Have they no receipts at all during their ownership? Ive always found nice cars come from nice people lol. 635`s are now classics so hope he`s one anal owner lol. As you own a 330 then you know where to look.

In this case i would take a look at MOT.GOV enter the reg to see its MOT history & mileage. If its been looked after then its owners would make sure its up for an MOT & should`nt  have a list of advisories?

Other than that its the usual checks when you see it. 

Looks nice & i think id travel to see it if the owner sounds ok?

The bit about not releasing the service info is rubbish, i've checked plenty of cars out

that ive been looking to buy using the main dealers, saved me several times from buying 

cars with dodgy history or worse 

Edited by dunk1