e46fan

I really need help! Please...

Hello guys,

My engine was stalling. Sometimes its just shutdown in the middle off the road and a red oil light was on. I had to ignite the car again to keep driving.
My mechanic said its a problem with mass air sensor. So we replaced it.
Now, the engine still stalling sometimes. When I stop on light traffic and press gas,the engine shutdown. So I went back to my mechanic. After checking the car he said I need to replace the engine. He said that the oil pressure is low and it can't be fixed. He unplugged something on top of the engine so I can drive without the problem with my engine going off. But the car has now power at all. I barely reach 100 kmh. I bought a OBDII and checked the car by myself,this is the errors I got..

Can anyone please explain to me what to do next? I'm pretty lost.
Don't know who to trust anymore.
Is it really can't be fixed? My engine is dying?

Carproblem0.jpg

Carproblem1.jpg

Your car sounded better before the mech touched it. The air sensor is critical for the engine. Are you sure he didn't put a honda one in your car? Various things that can cause bad running engine include: bad/wrong air flow sensor, broken/leaking air ducts, worn spark plugs, worn ignition coils, worn pre/post-cat oxygen sensors, blocked idle control valve, bad DISA valve, worn vanos seals, etc.

If you don't get any help on those codes, then I suggest you get an inpa scanner, about £5-£10 from china. Inpa will give you more specific details about what modules are failing.

A red oil light would indicate you are severely down on oil. May be you have an oil filter made from cardboard? This breaks and blocks the oil. Or, may be you have a bad leak making the oil disappear. Or, may be you have a bad oil sensor. Not much use guessing.

Edited by E46Driver330Ci

First of all,thank you so much for your reply!
Someone suggested me to do a smoke test,but I couldn't find it on my country. Maybe I will try DIY,not sure yet what to do.
You sounds like a guy who know a lot :) Maybe you can help diagnose the problem more accurate?

After I unplug this,the car drives much better and almost not stopping. But of course the car is lacking power. When it's plugged,I stop a lot. Specially on turns & after stopping on traffic lights and starting to drive:

(The plug under the cover,I have no idea how its called)
BMWOUT2.jpg

I checked with OBDII when its unplugged and thats what it shows:
BMWALL.jpg

I have checked spark plugs & ignition coils,looks fine.
Can all this be because of bad mass air sensor?
I bought a new one because my engine was dying in the middle of the road. Usually after speeding above 100kmh. EML light was turning on and I had to start the engine again.
Maybe all this info will spark some light on the problen and can help you diagnose more accurate. Where do I start? What to change first? Oxygen sensors? DISA? Fuel filter?
Or maybe DIY smoke test? What can I use as a smoke for the test?

Edited by e46fan

On 24/02/2020 at 15:50, E46Driver330Ci said:

Your car sounded better before the mech touched it. The air sensor is critical for the engine. Are you sure he didn't put a honda one in your car? Various things that can cause bad running engine include: bad/wrong air flow sensor, broken/leaking air ducts, worn spark plugs, worn ignition coils, worn pre/post-cat oxygen sensors, blocked idle control valve, bad DISA valve, worn vanos seals, etc.

If you don't get any help on those codes, then I suggest you get an inpa scanner, about £5-£10 from china. Inpa will give you more specific details about what modules are failing.

A red oil light would indicate you are severely down on oil. May be you have an oil filter made from cardboard? This breaks and blocks the oil. Or, may be you have a bad leak making the oil disappear. Or, may be you have a bad oil sensor. Not much use guessing.

And again,thank you so much for your time & effort!

1 hour ago, e46fan said:

Can all this be because of bad mass air sensor?

Don't know. But all this could be caused by wrong scanner. So that neither your nor your shop could work out what is going on. If you want to throw money at the problem, it's very easy. Just buy new sets of MAF, coils, spark plugs, oxygen sensors from the dealer. They can guarantee to sell you the right parts. If that doesn't work, you can try buying other stuff. Alternative, just buy the right scanner and let it tell you what is wrong.

To diagnose coils and plugs, you need to move them to another cylinder and see if the problem moves to the other cylinder. It's not possible to diagnose these things by visual inspection.

Running the engine with things unplugged is probably the quickest way to needing a new engine. I am unfamiliar with your engine and have no idea what the circled part is.

Edited by E46Driver330Ci