Sign in to follow this  
MaryJBeaver

Creating a Business Plan for Your Franchise: What to Prepare Before Asking for Money

Congratulations! You’ve decided that owning a franchise is the right investment for you. You may have even already decided on the type of franchise, and maybe even the franchise brand you are going to pursue.

What’s next? Financing. Securing the funding needed to make your franchise dreams a reality. And unless you are one of the fortunate people that has enough money saved to cover costs, you will likely be seeking a lender to make up the difference between the amount of money you currently have to invest and amount of money needed to open and maintain your franchised business until you 'break even.' (Breaking even is the point in the lifespan of a business where the operation starts turning a profit.)

To convince lenders that you are worthy of their money, the creation of a business plan is crucial. Lenders use a business plan as a guide to assess whether the prospective franchisee is a on a path towards success and profitability.

To approve loans, lenders want to have a clear, straightforward account of the business to be opened, the principals involved, and—perhaps most importantly—perspective on when the borrowed money will likely be repaid.

It's helpful to prepare for the meeting with the lender like a college graduate student would prepare for a thesis defense presentation. In both instances, it is the goal of the person (or people) going into the meeting to have done the adequate level of research necessary to competently back up the stated claims for the desired result (be it the granting of a master's degree to the student or the gaining of a loan for the prospective franchisee).

That's a nice post and I liked it so much because  I love to read about the business as I am also a businessmen. BTW, I have been searching for the some online help for business and for that I am using an online business plan service ogscapital.com/business-plan/franchise-business-plan/  because it helps me in understanding the best strategies of the business. You should also visit this website once.