DiggityDave

320D Intermittent misfire with No Boost

Hi there, I've been having this issue for a little while now with my 2003 320d e46. The problem is (when it happens) I have a misfire followed with no boost. This could happen when I'm driving, when I've just started the car or after it's been idling for a bit. I could then keep driving and it'll go back to normal, or switch it off and come back to it later and there's no fault at all. I have no EML on either. If you go to start the car, you'll know if the faults going to happen as it takes a little longer to start when the faults there.

I have blanked off the swirl flaps last year, deleted the egr, changed the egr pressure converter solenoid, changed the map sensor, cleaned the maf sensor, changed every vac line for silicone ones, and all service bits done (oil, fuel and air filters with oil change).

I'm yet to get a scanner to read the codes. I wonder if it could be a common injector issue? But find it weird how it's so intermittent, makes me think more electrical. And could the injector misfire put the car into a limp mode reducing the boost?

Any help would be gladly appreciated, as I've been searching high and low for solutions.

Thanks Dave

Edited by DiggityDave