Schumacher

Old members, sign in !!

Lol. There's only a hand full of us left now!

Not seen Blair on here in years! Maybe even 5 years! Daz pops in every now and then..

It's the nature of forums unfortunately - once you upgrade/move on you're more interested in that car and no longer care about the old forums.

Well, that makes two of us! Hopefully law of attraction will bring some of them back, lol. I'm surprised we haven't heard from Jay - he owns every BMW in the universe, haha.

I've always remained active on car forums I signed up to, even after I sold up or switched marques. Met a lot of great people through forums, such a shame they're all dying a slow death.

2 hours ago, Schumacher said:

Well, that makes two of us! Hopefully law of attraction will bring some of them back, lol. I'm surprised we haven't heard from Jay - he owns every BMW in the universe, haha.

I've always remained active on car forums I signed up to, even after I sold up or switched marques. Met a lot of great people through forums, such a shame they're all dying a slow death.

IIRC Jay got upset with someone on the forum and left. Not seen him on here in years either. lol.

He was a very odd one!

Forums are still the best way to store knowledge about cars on the Internet I believe. Facebook seems to have taken over but those groups are just full of "This happened, what do I do?" where a 2sec search on a forum and bang - there's your answer! Unfortunately with those FB groups i'm finding that questions have been answered so often that you barely get replies there too. Those who "know" get fed up of answering.

All is well, life's changed a bit since I started the site. It used to be a hive of activity, meets, camping etc. Now a shadow of it's former self, but I won't let it die. I've just moved to cheaper hosting, as it's getting a lot less traffic. It still contains so much knowledge, it'd be unfair to wipe it all away. (although saying that, almost 60k unique visitors and 110GB bandwidth last month!)

We had some characters, that's for sure! Still friends on FB with a few, good to see them getting on. Other mentions are Steviejay, Duffman (with his real CS?), DunlopDave, Chimp Choker, Simon, Ricky.

6 hours ago, momo said:

IIRC Jay got upset with someone on the forum and left. Not seen him on here in years either. lol.

He was a very odd one!

Forums are still the best way to store knowledge about cars on the Internet I believe. Facebook seems to have taken over but those groups are just full of "This happened, what do I do?" where a 2sec search on a forum and bang - there's your answer! Unfortunately with those FB groups i'm finding that questions have been answered so often that you barely get replies there too. Those who "know" get fed up of answering.

Yeah, I remember that but not sure who the little tiff was with? Bungers? 

Agreed, forums are definitely best for car knowledge. Everyone just turns to social media now because it's more convenient + people are lazy/have short attention spans. Like you said, they want answers to problems then disappear. If I had Facebook I would troll them just for fun, haha.

5 hours ago, Sam said:

All is well, life's changed a bit since I started the site. It used to be a hive of activity, meets, camping etc. Now a shadow of it's former self, but I won't let it die. I've just moved to cheaper hosting, as it's getting a lot less traffic. It still contains so much knowledge, it'd be unfair to wipe it all away. (although saying that, almost 60k unique visitors and 110GB bandwidth last month!)

We had some characters, that's for sure! Still friends on FB with a few, good to see them getting on. Other mentions are Steviejay, Duffman (with his real CS?), DunlopDave, Chimp Choker, Simon, Ricky.

If only we could rewind time, eh? Quite a few forums have gone to internet heaven the last few years but at least this place is still here so cheers for keeping it alive. I have noticed the increased traffic; wish the guests would sign up and say hello. I did PM you re: forum update and theme options but maybe it got lost? 

Great mentions there. I couldn't name drop everyone but good to know you're still in contact with them. 

Can't remember who it was with tbh.. I just remember laughing, lots! 🤣

@Sam - that probably shows how many people still use the library of knowledge I suppose! That's pretty interesting! They should still be seeing the ads so that should help with the costs?

Duffman - what a ****!! lol. Did we ever figure his story out in the end?

45 minutes ago, momo said:

Can't remember who it was with tbh.. I just remember laughing, lots! 🤣

@Sam - that probably shows how many people still use the library of knowledge I suppose! That's pretty interesting! They should still be seeing the ads so that should help with the costs?

Duffman - what a ****!! lol. Did we ever figure his story out in the end?

Yea, does seem to be a fair amount of traffic, hence keeping it going. It used to make a little bit of money, now it'll break even (with the new, cheaper host).

Story is all it was, from memory! Didn't even make up he has a CSL, only a CS.

They took the oem sat nav unit, ripped off all the trim getting to it breaking a few bits. Messed up every single lock including ignition so I have to replace them all. Broke other various trim parts and drive window. I think I was lucky and got to it mid stripping, they  were definitley coming back to take it as all the under column of the steering wheel was off aswell as the relay. The battery was dead so they couldn't do much. Oh and icing on the cake, someone has tried to claim ownership of my car through the dvla so now I have to get that sorted out.

17 hours ago, Schumacher said:

@mjn welcome back! Seen quite a few very nice E90 and E92s for sale recently, here's one: https://forums.m3cutters.co.uk/threads/2011-e92-m3-dct-comp-pack-£20-750-£20750.229877/

E92 is common, i'm looking for a E90 :)

Seen a few, seen some dogs.

9 hours ago, creo said:

They took the oem sat nav unit, ripped off all the trim getting to it breaking a few bits. Messed up every single lock including ignition so I have to replace them all. Broke other various trim parts and drive window. I think I was lucky and got to it mid stripping, they  were definitley coming back to take it as all the under column of the steering wheel was off aswell as the relay. The battery was dead so they couldn't do much. Oh and icing on the cake, someone has tried to claim ownership of my car through the dvla so now I have to get that sorted out.

Is it still insured? I'd let them write it off tbh..

Sounds like they wanted to take the car then strip it later but realised they couldn't so started stripping as much as they could. Is the car at your home or somewhere that's a little quieter?

I've heard of people trying to claim ownership of cars parked on a street or in a car park for extended periods. They think it's abandoned so try to claim it then strip it. Might have been the same people who broke into it!

5 hours ago, momo said:

Is it still insured? I'd let them write it off tbh..

Sounds like they wanted to take the car then strip it later but realised they couldn't so started stripping as much as they could. Is the car at your home or somewhere that's a little quieter?

I've heard of people trying to claim ownership of cars parked on a street or in a car park for extended periods. They think it's abandoned so try to claim it then strip it. Might have been the same people who broke into it!

That's half the problem, no insurance and sorn. When I went to the police they said there were no cameras in the area so there's nothing they could do.

4 hours ago, creo said:

That's half the problem, no insurance and sorn. When I went to the police they said there were no cameras in the area so there's nothing they could do.

Boooo.. Police wont do anything unless you catch them yourself, get them to sign a written confession and provide ID and national insurance numbers for each thief!

Hopefully it's not too painful to get it sorted! Although if it costs too much you might want to advertise it as a parts car and be done with it?

I love the car too much to sell it so I may go the route of just buying the tumbler in the future and have a duff set of locks for now. I ordered the  ignition tumbler from bmw for £100 so at least I can start and drive.