Schumacher

Old members, sign in !!

1 hour ago, momo said:

Hopefully it's not too painful to get it sorted! Although if it costs too much you might want to advertise it as a parts car and be done with it?

KAOdXsO.jpg

1 hour ago, creo said:

I love the car too much to sell it so I may go the route of just buying the tumbler in the future and have a duff set of locks for now. I ordered the  ignition tumbler from bmw for £100 so at least I can start and drive.

Should've spoken to the guys at BW Chiptune. They can make new locks/tumblers if you send them your key.

8 hours ago, Schumacher said:

146 days til Christmas, Santa might bring you something special (if you've been good).

Christmas is cancelled mate :)

On 02/08/2020 at 08:19, Schumacher said:

/\ Ebenezer Scrooge has signed in. /\ :P

<throws toys out of pram>

Corona sorted that out.

On 01/08/2020 at 21:21, Schumacher said:

KAOdXsO.jpg

Should've spoken to the guys at BW Chiptune. They can make new locks/tumblers if you send them your key.

Haha, so true. 

It's actually chiptune I was talking to through pm but he's stopped responding to me. Not sure if he's busy or what's happening... :(

Gave them a call and spoke to chiptunes son, seemed a bit iffy about the quote his dad gave me and told me to call back on the 10th. I managed to find some locks off ebay with a key and a local guy to rebuild them instead. Hopefully there will be no issues.

On 08/08/2020 at 17:14, creo said:

Gave them a call and spoke to chiptunes son, seemed a bit iffy about the quote his dad gave me and told me to call back on the 10th. I managed to find some locks off ebay with a key and a local guy to rebuild them instead. Hopefully there will be no issues.

Strange. I've found people messing me around a lot more recently and they all seem to blame it on Covid. It's given them an excuse to become lazy. I'm like, do you not want my money then?! 

1 hour ago, Schumacher said:

Morning matey! If you're giving it away I'll take it, haha. 

Being told by local traders and facebook 46 page how worthless a very tidy looked after low mileage car is 

makes you think they must be, i'll be keeping it for the foreseeable future, can't see the point in spending 

a ton of money on something that will do the same job just to be different.

28 minutes ago, dunk1 said:

Being told by local traders and facebook 46 page how worthless a very tidy looked after low mileage car is 

makes you think they must be, i'll be keeping it for the foreseeable future, can't see the point in spending 

There's your mistake - Facebook! lol.

They expect to buy a car for 50% it's real value simply because it's free to list a car on the site.

Put it on the trader or eBay and I bet you'll get what you want.

Also remember traders want to make a profit so will offer you the lowest they can get away with.

Edited by momo

25 minutes ago, momo said:

There's your mistake - Facebook! lol.

They expect to buy a car for 50% it's real value simply because it's free to list a car on the site.

Put it on the trader or eBay and I bet you'll get what you want.

Also remember traders want to make a profit so will offer you the lowest they can get away with.

I take no notice of facebook or traders, the 46 page too much of the time is dire, seems to be more bothered with 

M badges on non M cars than anything else. 

I had my car on PH for a while but only the same club offering half of what its advertised for, webuy offered more lol

I shall keep it, i can't fault how it drives and is plenty quick enough if required. Still looks pretty good too and 

not dated so i'll save my cash, i was looking at SL Mercs but as much as i love the look they sound

like they will empty your wallet in running costs 

11 hours ago, dunk1 said:

I'd ignore them all. Every Tom, D!ck and Harry seems to think E46s are worthless but if you look at the market they're still selling for strong money. An '02 Clubsport with 17k miles sold for £15k. A 330i Sport I was interested in buying (54k miles) sold for £5k. There's an '06 Imola 330Ci Sport on Autotrader up for £10.5k and it sold in 3 days. Look at the price of M3s, they've skyrocketed in the last couple of years despite the RACP (subframe) horror stories. 

I agree 100%. I have no desire to 'upgrade' to something newer (IMO inferior). :P

The Clubsport I mentioned: http://www.appreciating-classics.com/car/bmw-330-clubsport/

Edited by Schumacher

Hate to admit it but with in that condition and with those miles that 330Ci Clubsport will become a collectors car.

Still doesn't change the fact they're CHAV AF!!! 😆🤣

E36's have been going up in value for a few years now.. E46's will start going back up soon. Once all the crap has been weeded out the few remaining ones in top condition will start going for crazy money.

Remember only 10-15yrs ago you could get an E30 325i convertible for £1500! You'll be hard pressed to find a crappy one for less than £7k now.

Just depends if you can hold on to it long enough..

A tidy looking Silver 2004 330ci vert with 139,000 miles on it only made £2420 on CCA in June, it was back up for sale

on the E46 facebook page a few days after

https://www.classiccarauctions.co.uk/events/2020-auctions/cca-june-live-online-auction-2020/cca-june-live-online-auction-2020/cars/2004-bmw-330ci-e46-m-sport-convertible

A 2008 M3 vert with 75,600 miles made £9680k on the same auction 

https://www.classiccarauctions.co.uk/events/2020-auctions/cca-june-live-online-auction-2020/cca-june-live-online-auction-2020/cars/2001-bmw-m3-e46-convertible-manual

On 12/08/2020 at 22:47, momo said:

Hate to admit it but with in that condition and with those miles that 330Ci Clubsport will become a collectors car.

Still doesn't change the fact they're CHAV AF!!! 😆🤣

E36's have been going up in value for a few years now.. E46's will start going back up soon. Once all the crap has been weeded out the few remaining ones in top condition will start going for crazy money.

Remember only 10-15yrs ago you could get an E30 325i convertible for £1500! You'll be hard pressed to find a crappy one for less than £7k now.

Just depends if you can hold on to it long enough..

:lol: 

The styling adds 200 points of downforce! 

It will definitely be worth holding onto an E46 (has to be a straight 6) but keeping the rust at bay will be a challenge!

21 hours ago, dunk1 said:

A tidy looking Silver 2004 330ci vert with 139,000 miles on it only made £2420 on CCA in June, it was back up for sale

on the E46 facebook page a few days after

https://www.classiccarauctions.co.uk/events/2020-auctions/cca-june-live-online-auction-2020/cca-june-live-online-auction-2020/cars/2004-bmw-330ci-e46-m-sport-convertible

A 2008 M3 vert with 75,600 miles made £9680k on the same auction 

https://www.classiccarauctions.co.uk/events/2020-auctions/cca-june-live-online-auction-2020/cca-june-live-online-auction-2020/cars/2001-bmw-m3-e46-convertible-manual

Autos and 'verts command less money than manuals and coupes but that 330 was a bargain! I bet whoever posted it on Fakebook wanted double what he/she paid?

Mate of mine recently sold his '03 M3 (manual, coupe) for £14.5k and the buyer assured him he was an enthusiast and that he would keep it for many years. 2 weeks later it was on eBay for £20k.   

On 14/08/2020 at 06:38, Schumacher said:

Mate of mine recently sold his '03 M3 (manual, coupe) for £14.5k and the buyer assured him he was an enthusiast and that he would keep it for many years. 2 weeks later it was on eBay for £20k.   

I was reading about that!  Sent him photos of the work and everything!