Schumacher

Old members, sign in !!

The webuyanycar guys just offered me more money on the 46 and now at £3000 

I'll keep it and not run the gauntlet in trying to replace it, better the devil you know :)

20 hours ago, dunk1 said:

The webuyanycar guys just offered me more money on the 46 and now at £3000 

I'll keep it and not run the gauntlet in trying to replace it, better the devil you know :)

That's not bad considering it's WBAC. Usually their offers are insultingly low and you just wanna tell them to f-off.

13 hours ago, momo said:

Just assume everyone is a bare faced liar.. It's easier! lol

:lol:

DSMLdrk.jpg

If its true mileage then i guess its got to be very rare in top condition, i personally would have had the car detailed 

inside before posting the advert. £20K i guess will be an investment for someone, dry store it in a carcoon and

bring it out in 10/15 yrs 

9 hours ago, dunk1 said:

If its true mileage then i guess its got to be very rare in top condition, i personally would have had the car detailed 

inside before posting the advert. £20K i guess will be an investment for someone, dry store it in a carcoon and

bring it out in 10/15 yrs 

+1
If you're demanding big money at least put in the effort to make it look top notch.
Personally I would rather have a standard 330ci with low miles. Don't see the appeal of a Clubsport and not sure why they command strong money but I'm not complaining. Helps drive up the value of our cars.

6 hours ago, momo said:

Horrible, horrible cars!! lol 🤣

0mcacxa.png

They will command a premium because they're a special edition model that were made in fewer numbers (wonder why) so rarity comes into it.

But yes, those of us who actually like the E46 looks and shape know how wrong BMW got it with that stupid big wang! Thankfully BMW only ever used it again next on the E92 M3 GTS (I think).

I mean if they did it to the E46 M3 it makes a little sense (it was an optional extra I think, seen a few with it). Not to a ruddy 330Ci

lol

The keyword there is 'special'. If it was a run of say 100 limited editions I could understand the prices but they're not exactly rare (comparing to other marques/limited editions). BMW produced around ''eleventy billion'' E46s, lol.  Anyone know the actual production numbers for Clubsports? Apparently there were 400 of each colour but nothing concrete to back that up.

I always found it funny that they removed sound deadening to reduce weight but then added the hoonigan rear wing and front corner splitters. 

Did they actually remove sound deadening though? I thought it was just a cosmetic change.. So wing, splitters, clubsport badges everywhere and that's it. 

If they made 400 of each colour i'm sure 399 of each of them was once a member on this forum! Common as muck on here!! 🤣

Yeah, it's always been stated that BMW removed 20kg. Some say from the bulkhead (unlikely), others say from under the rear seats. Who knows? Maybe it was just a marketing ploy? The only difference I've seen is the lack of bonnet insulation. 

10 hours ago, momo said:

If they made 400 of each colour i'm sure 399 of each of them was once a member on this forum! Common as muck on here!! 🤣

Haha, that's true!! :lol:

1 hour ago, Schumacher said:

Yeah, it's always been stated that BMW removed 20kg. Some say from the bulkhead (unlikely), others say from under the rear seats. Who knows? Maybe it was just a marketing ploy? The only difference I've seen is the lack of bonnet insulation. 

Haha, that's true!! :lol:

I've seen bonnet insulation on them! From 2mins in this vid:

1 hour ago, Schumacher said:

God knows then? All the ones I've seen at shows didn't have them. Let's just say it's a 330ci with a few cosmetic mods. 

Probably just a popular mod to get more engine sound come through, doesn't cost anything to remove.. Like that golf tee mod or whatever it's called that leaves the exhaust valve open?

True but when I asked a couple owners they said their cars were completely standard. The insulation gets mentioned a lot as part of the Clubsport package but I'm thinking it was all marketing b0llocks, lol. IIRC the rear wheels are slightly lighter than MV1/2s. I guess a tiny weight saving and the Germans thought: ''ya, vee shall market zee car as 20 kilograms lighter.'' Guenther received a salary bonus and the rest as they say is history. 

The wheels look way better than MV1's and 2's regardless of weight :) the car is overpriced but i think

its good for the rest of us as it makes our cars look like bargins at well under £10k 

At least the one in the video had been cleaned properly by the look of it, i'd have looked at the drivers bolster 

though as that looked like it starting to wear 

Edited by dunk1

But maybe not when it's got rusted arches, sills, wings, boot lid, doors.. etc.. LOL.

25 minutes ago, dunk1 said:

The wheels look way better than MV1's and 2's regardless of weight :) the car is overpriced but i think

its good for the rest of us as it makes our cars look like bargins at well under £10k 

Don't mind the clubsport wheels tbh! Look like cheapo knock-offs of something better but they're not bad..

CSL style wheels on the E46 look the best for me though.. Just a shame the rear arches on non-M's are tiny so you can't get any concavity! Flat wheels! Woooooo... 😑

Not the snowflake looking things on the M4 GTS! Horrible looking wheels.. They've tried to take the CSL style wheel and give it a refresh but instead of making it look better it looks like a bloody snowflake! The orange accents don't help.. Yuck!

On 30/07/2020 at 18:44, Schumacher said:

Yeah, I remember that but not sure who the little tiff was with? Bungers? 

Agreed, forums are definitely best for car knowledge. Everyone just turns to social media now because it's more convenient + people are lazy/have short attention spans. Like you said, they want answers to problems then disappear. If I had Facebook I would troll them just for fun, haha.

If only we could rewind time, eh? Quite a few forums have gone to internet heaven the last few years but at least this place is still here so cheers for keeping it alive. I have noticed the increased traffic; wish the guests would sign up and say hello. I did PM you re: forum update and theme options but maybe it got lost? 

Great mentions there. I couldn't name drop everyone but good to know you're still in contact with them. 

i am chimp choker, trying to get back on with my old account, however dont have access to my registered email anymore