creo

Door key tumbler broken

Hi,

Anyone know a way of replacing a key tumbler in a door lock / boot lock? I don't want to pay £460 for them from bmw...

Or anyone know how to get the actual tumbler out of the lock itself? I've remove the retaining bits in the back of the lock but the cylinder won't slide out :(

This is just for the retaining clips at the back, I'm after the tumbler itself. I got a message on another forum saying they could help so hopefully they can :)

Ah sorry bud, I thought he covered it (I didn't watch the vid, d'oh). So basically, once you've removed those sections, there is a retaining clip that sits higher than the rest inside the barrel. You need to insert something like a lock pick tool through the key opening and pull the retaining clip down and towards yourself for it to release. 

Thanks for the tip! I found someone on another forum who said they would rebuild the locks for me :D So we'll see how that goes!