Sign in to follow this  
Nickiow

Pre facelift Angel Eyes

Hi guys, I've just bought my first BMW and it's a 2001 320d touring. I want to modernise it a bit so was looking at some angel eyes but I'm unsure which ones to go for. As I've said, I've got a 2001 so it's pre facelift but has the xenon's. Any suggestions? Any price considered as I've looked at kits which are just LED rings but I don't know if they're suitable for the OG car. 

Thanks! 

Depends on what colour temperature you want to match existing bulbs. LEDs will be brighter but I'm not a fan of the ones where individual LEDs are visible. I prefer CCFLs but there are plenty of kits available on eBay and they all do the same thing. If you're flush with cash there's the Umnitza Orion kits for around £200 or MStyle kits for half the price.

https://www.mstyle.co.uk/bmw-3-series/e46-m3/lighting-bulb-upgrades/headlights-front-end-lighting-angel-eye-upgrades/superbright-led-angel-eye-kit-for-all-e46-with-projector-except-2dr-facelift-and-all-e36.html

Wicked, thank you! I'll have a look into them. I do like ice white and have those on my dipped but not high beams (something I'm going to change).

I know what you mean about the individual LED's being visible, looks so unprofessional

Cotton angel eyes might be your best bet then. Have a look at the difference between CCFL, SMD LED (the ugly ones) and cotton. Plenty of comparisons online.