lewiscelaschi

Debating what to do

Hi guys, got a bmw 320cd E46 

I think one of the injectors has gone cos the car don’t start so just wondering what I’d be best off doing, keep the car and fix it eventually or sell it or sell it and break for parts? Paid 1700 for the car a month ago so I know I’ve been mugged off don’t need to be told. Just want some advice on what to do with the car if anyone can help. Cheers 

How do you know an injector is causing the non-start? It could be something simple such as a blown fuse. Have you had a diagnostic scan for error codes?

Why would you go to the trouble of searching and buying a car and at the first hurdle. you give up and break it for parts? 

Nn7noeo.gif

Edited by Schumacher

Injector leakage is a common failure that causes hot-start issues on the diesels..

If that's the case then you can replace the one without need for coding relatively easy.

Get an injector leak off test done to confirm.

We're obviously talking to ourselves as it looks like he won't be coming back. Post a question then perform a disappearing act that Copperfield would be proud of. :lol:

On 24/09/2020 at 15:00, Schumacher said:

We're obviously talking to ourselves as it looks like he won't be coming back. Post a question then perform a disappearing act that Copperfield would be proud of. :lol:

Seems to be common practice on a lot of forums, everything going onto facebook etc