Andy G

330d flywheel rattle

Can someone give me some explanation of what happens when a 330d with 190k+ starts having rattles around that area at certain times? 

Plus is it costly to repair?

Thank you

Press your foot lightly on the clutch pedal. If you can feel it pulsing or vibrating then the flywheel is on its way out.

I had mine done a couple of years ago now. It was around £350 at the time but it's down to £290 atm. Amazon was cheapest then:

(This is for 6-speed)

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0068NO1KS

While you're in there you may as well replace the clutch. They're around the £200 range for the 6-speed too..

I had the flywheel and clutch done on 200k 330d and discovered that while it was nice it had the effect of acutely highlighting the worn bushes in the rear subframe when putting monster torque down in 4th and 5th gear motorway pulls, in short you’ll probably find something else is loose and worn out when you make it brand new, if you can live with it I would, I only did mine as the clutch was slipping badly 

^^ That's why I did mine! The clutch was slipping and the release bearing was grinding like crazy! Literally sounded like someone had left a bag of spanners in the gearbox when I was pulling away from lights! lol

Wasn't so bothered with the flywheel rattle..