elfer

RHD Left Foot Rest

My left foot rest has seen better days.  It was already cracked when I bought the car 10 years ago but hadn't got any worse since then until last week, when the dealer tech doing my airbag recall managed to chip a chunk off 🙄

see pic

Anyone know or able to find the BMW part number?  I've never been able to find the RHD part on the ETK.  I _have_ found an aftermarket aluminium rest on ebay, but I'm big into originality and only want the black plastic original part, same as the car left the factory with.  My last 7 is PL67789, if that makes searching any easier.

20211017-P1020275-2.jpg

Edited by elfer

it’s plastic riveted through the carpet, where they poke the prongs on the back of the foot rest/dead pedal through the carpet and melt the ends to a flat to make it stay. real oem isn’t very helpful for RHD trim but I think it’s not available separately, in any case you’d be looking at removing the front carpet to fit it correctly which is a massive job. I broke the prongs on mine when replacing the carpet and used tech screws to secure it in place, barely noticeble. if you can find an old carpet in correct colour this may be your best option to replace a broken one, good luck!