Sam

"for Sale And Wanted" Rules

Well I can't start new posts in wanted.

Weird, when Sam's back mention it to him and he'll have to look in to it.

In the meantime, make the thread somewhere else, report it and one of us mods will move it for you.

HI ALL

thanks for your replies but im sure when i first subscribed the renewal subscription was automatic

unless you opted to change it to manual payment am i wrong.??.

perhaps someone can confirm this.

many thanks

UPYOURBOOST............TONY.

PM me your PayPal email address and I'll look into it for you.

Dead? We've currently got 148 users online and have had hundreds of posts made this morning.

I'm

Thats why the forum is dead! What a shame really.

I'm not sure what part of the rules you mean. If its the "subscribers only" part, then you're bang on, if I didn't charge for it, then the site would be dead, as in, no longer exists. Edited by Sam

I'm not sure what part of the rules you mean. If its the "subscribers only" part, then you're bang on, if I didn't charge for it, then the site would be dead, as in, no longer exists.

Sam, don't take any of it to heart mate.

I run a forum for a local group of car enthusiasts and pay all the fees out of my own pocket for it.

They don't realise the amount that goes into it (effort, time, and money) and probably don't care. Thing is, until (or if) it gets a lot bigger I won't be charging subscription as it's more of a group of friends. If it was a full UK site, then by hell I'd do the same as you. It's not fair for you to foot the bill after your hard work too, so I think it's a bit out of place for people to complain about a subscription fee. If they don't want to pay, they don't have to!

Some people just don't realise that you can't get everything for free. I don't see them complaining that eBay takes a cut from each sale. You've done a fantastic job IMO and I'm more than happy to shell out a tenner, I mean PBMW is £4.50 a pop and I've seen much better stuff/read better articles on here!

Anyway, enough brown-nosing from me! :lol:

**Oh, and when I subscribed the auto-renewal thing was active. I turned it off through PayPal though. Straightforward.

Posting in the right section, you're doing it wrong :wacko:

i know proper school boy error.....

I am new to the site. I have one question.

I would like to post up in the for sale section. I can post up in the e46, but I am unable to post in the generic?? I have more than 50 posts, so why is it it is still disabled??

I am guessing tyres etc would be generic.

Thanks

Any particular reason I can't post/reply in the FS threads? i can post new topics though?

Cheers

Mike

No one can reply dude & you need to be a subscriber & have 50 posts to be able to start a topic in the FS / wanted areas.

Edited by bungers

I'm not sure what part of the rules you mean. If its the "subscribers only" part, then you're bang on, if I didn't charge for it, then the site would be dead, as in, no longer exists.

Sam, don't take any of it to heart mate.

I run a forum for a local group of car enthusiasts and pay all the fees out of my own pocket for it.

They don't realise the amount that goes into it (effort, time, and money) and probably don't care. Thing is, until (or if) it gets a lot bigger I won't be charging subscription as it's more of a group of friends. If it was a full UK site, then by hell I'd do the same as you. It's not fair for you to foot the bill after your hard work too, so I think it's a bit out of place for people to complain about a subscription fee. If they don't want to pay, they don't have to!

Some people just don't realise that you can't get everything for free. I don't see them complaining that eBay takes a cut from each sale. You've done a fantastic job IMO and I'm more than happy to shell out a tenner, I mean PBMW is £4.50 a pop and I've seen much better stuff/read better articles on here!

Anyway, enough brown-nosing from me! :lol:

**Oh, and when I subscribed the auto-renewal thing was active. I turned it off through PayPal though. Straightforward.

i am now \ subscriber, i waited to see if this was the site for me before subscribing, now i know it is i was more than happy to pay £10 for the wealth of knowledge and peace of mind replies etc i get,and what does a teener buy nowa days(fish and chips) thats about it

Cheers chaps. Thought it was a post count thing like other forums haha