Jonny

Wheels question?

Morning all,

Quick question about wheels :o

Been looking a getting a set of 18 inchers (reckon thats a nice medium between ride and handling) and was just wondering if i'm able to fit a staggered set of rims to my standard 323i saloon? I know from other threads that if i want 19" M3 reps i would have to get the same size all around due to the rear archs being in the way (correct me if wrong please lol) but is this the same with 18". Also what are the advantages of having a staggered set over a set all the same? Improved handling?

Ok maybe i lied about it being a quick one ;)

Thanks in advance!!!

Morning all,

Quick question about wheels :o

Been looking a getting a set of 18 inchers (reckon thats a nice medium between ride and handling) and was just wondering if i'm able to fit a staggered set of rims to my standard 323i saloon? I know from other threads that if i want 19" M3 reps i would have to get the same size all around due to the rear archs being in the way (correct me if wrong please lol) but is this the same with 18". Also what are the advantages of having a staggered set over a set all the same? Improved handling?

Ok maybe i lied about it being a quick one ;)

Thanks in advance!!!

You can fit staggered alloys on your car no problem, as long as the offset is right of course.

As for the staggered M3 wheels you can't fit those because they only fit 'M' cars due to their aggressive rear offset - and M3 replica's more often than not are the same width all the way round - its not down to size (18" or 19") its just down the M3 wheels offset.

The advantages are about grip due to the wider track at the back, but on some cars this can be a hindrance, and may almost feel like they are being dragged along.

To be on the safe side, you can get some oe MV1/2/3 alloys and you'll know they will be bob on.