brioni

E46 Coupe Uk Factory Vs Hi-fi Speaker System

There's no distortion at all, even at full volume i only have to turn the base down slightly (from full to nearer the middle)

Where would an amp be located if i had one? Im assuming behind the boot carpet near where the CD changer would normally go?

Im still adamant theyre more than 15w per channel, be it RMS or peak.

Well if it's aftermarket it could be anywhere. Check behind the panels in the boot, or under the seats, or take one of the door cards off and see if they are BMW speakers.

Or get a bottle of otex ear drops :)

In that case expect to pay about £1000 in labour at least.

jesus! if thats the case i'll have a crack at it myself as there's no shortage of guides online, maybe in conjunction with the guy who does my servicing- he's ex-bmw.

Brioni - where in East Anglia are you mate? Norfolk car audio in Norwich are quite good. I have a HK amp which Im selling too if you're interested.

OK cheers. am gonna keep checking out options for now, Im more south suffolk so colchester, bury is ideal. there's cambridge car audio but even thats a bit of a stretch.