Steviejay

LED Interior Lights

DO IT!!!!!

You cant go wrong with upgrading your interior lights, I got rid of those s***ty yellow dull bulbs and fitted XENON style LED replacemets.

Also fitted them in the number plate, looks very much like the light given off from the Audi R8 Headlights.

Have also fitted them in the sidelights.

Deffo worth doing, whole bulb kit was about 35 quid

Ebay again.

Ebay LED KIT FOR E46

Yea its dead easy mate, make sure you have them all.........ie

1 x festoon Glovebox

2 x festoon footwell

2 x festoon Vanity Mirror

2 x festoon Boot (bigger festoon size)

2 x festoon Rear Plate Light (these really do look classy when they light up)

3 x wedge overhead lighting

4 x wedge rear light

The difference it makes is unreal, seriously its such a clean crisp light compared to the dull yellow thats in there, I reckon the whole lot will take you about 1 hour.......make sure though that your wedge ones are no more than 4 LED's facing forward or you might find they wont slot in from the front, you might have to take the lights out of the roof and rear like I did (again very simple) and remove some small screws to remove the plastic covers the put them in from the front as the hole might be a little narrow for the bulb (But the base is narrow so they fit that way round)

If your ever round my way give us a shout if your not sure.....

Something I really have to get round to doing, especially as the kit was FOC. Makes it all the sweeter.

Got to use the scuffmaster kit I bought from liquid leather/gliptone too.

I just have to find time/stop being lazy!

I've got set of xenon interior bulbs for my Ci that I've never bothered fitting. So you reckon it is worth getting round too? Easy job?

Simon.......get your bloody finger-out...as you know iv rebuilt my car in six months....... :angry:

I'm too busy driving :rolleyes:;):D

lol.......Its so easy and fast to do that I actually wanna do it for you!!!

Lazy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!!

Would like to see the LED ones, I do the standard xenon bulb upgrades and they sweet.

They look awesome mate!!!

Never seem to come out great in photos though, will see what I can do next time its darker.

Ok Carl and all you others.........its nice and dark so took loads of pics.

Here they are.

Hope you like em!!!!!

Rear White Headrest lights (also have blue led in there for daughter to read as its softer)

n600218739_501366_7434.jpg

n600218739_501352_3204.jpg

n600218739_501359_5281.jpg

Vanity Mirror lights have changed LOADS!!!

Although hazy......these are actually pin sharp crystal clear and super

white!!

The camera just cant seem to catch it right but you get the idea.

n600218739_501354_3765.jpg

n600218739_501355_4044.jpg

Reading lights are blue, middle one is white, no blue lights come on at all unless

manually activated

n600218739_501358_5004.jpg

I get the choice of two colours, either Xenon White (normal) or the soft

blue with the map lights (manual)

n600218739_501365_7139.jpg

The best difference is the plate lights...........these really dont do it jusice, they are so crisp

and classy looking ......(in my opinion) again in white, .......very BRIGHT white.

n600218739_501379_177.jpg

n600218739_501380_456.jpg

n600218739_501383_1816.jpg

And my new H7 Bulbs..........ordering Angel eyes from BMstyling to complete the look

The H7's were fitted last week, thanks to a member here putting me onto these.

Again, my little camera will not capture these in their full glorty, but let me say this......

My philips super white were hardly any different to my stock ones, these ones on the other hand are REALLY bright, give off blue white light, and look awesome.

n600218739_501381_1189.jpg

n600218739_501371_8963.jpg

looking good mate, wrae did you get the leds frm??

and how much of a ball ache isit fitting them???

really love em on the rear lights, dads got them on his lexus and they so much better than normal crap!

Looking sweet mate, the xenon bulbs do the same as the LED's you have, Have you changed your reverse to Xenon yet? tut tut! lol

Ps Headlight bulbs look imense! but are thye leagal officer? ha ha ha ha

Didder......the blue looks great, have them in the glovebox and the foot compartments too.......but for normal every day when you lock the car its just the white ones that come on,

then all the reading lights front and back are blue inc the above mentioned glove box and foot wells.

I did try green too, so have quite a few LED bulbs left over from my trial and error week.....haha

Its best to just buy a kit.

And no........it wont set off any error lights.

Kal, got the bulbs off ebay, just type in e46 LED Kit for the batch lot or do what I did and remove all the old bulbs, decide what colour

you want and where you want it, then order them one by one (works out a little more)

Its not actually that fiddy but saying that I took them in and out loads of times till I decided upon the right ones and styles.

Your best bet is to buy the kit, because if you get more than 4 led bulbs within one bulb then it wont fit in the little round housing.

I think I did a list of everything you need, I started getting error lights the last few days for the rears but found out it was the numberplate lights, they

had started to fur up and corrode because the plastic covers were letting in water.

I've fitted some new ones from bmw £2.98p for both!!! lights look brighter too now because the plastic is clear and new rath than pitted and stained.

Carl.....not got Xenon reversing yet, I like the idea of the LED rear light kit, was gonna just replace all the bulbs to LED at the back but it seems that will

set off error lights?

As for the headlights.......mate they really are imense, totally changed the car, will look the dogs with your angel eyes.............road legal you say??? Sssssssssssssssssssssssssssh!!!!!

hehe

I did my interior lights after reading this topic and can confrim it is worth it. When replacing the rear number plate lights I also removed the small black filters on the case to make them even brighter.

I want those headlight bulbs, can you tell me where you get them or even let me know the make and model number?

thanks

I did my interior lights after reading this topic and can confrim it is worth it. When replacing the rear number plate lights I also removed the small black filters on the case to make them even brighter.

I want those headlight bulbs, can you tell me where you get them or even let me know the make and model number?

thanks

You have a PM