SamN

UBMW convoy from the south - saturday 09/07/11

EDIT: Si also got the date wrong on the North convoy thread.. serves him right for copy/pasting! :P

Doesnt look like it matters anyway as im the only one coming from the north at the moment. Which is fine by me as none of you slow E46's would be able to keep up with my warp speeds laugh.gif

:lol:

I was actually expecting to be going on my own as I didn't think anyone from round here would go. That's what happened with the bluewater meet!

Glad i'm not though, I like convoys :)

I reckon convoys can be the best part of meets sometimes. Love watching peoples faces as they drive past and see 10 of the same car :lol:

The convoy I arranged down to Bluewater was insane! We had over 40 cars at one point, mostly E46's. People on the M1 would have had no idea what was going on :lol:

Alrite Gaz i was looking through the pages of the link you gave me and got bord after a few pages of names, names and more names hahaha. Didnt see anything about a wales convoy surely there has to be someone else coming from south wales haha.

Bump..

So what is going to be the best route then?

I got a bit confused with all the road numbers above :P

Who am i meeting and where? I'll update the top post with a full route :)

Looks good to me.

Court and Billy, are you guys still up for meeting somewhere on that route? If so, where?

Meeting me in MK and I think Aidain in Olney (both on route).

This is the way I'd go if I was doing it.....

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?hl=en&gl=uk&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=204491828910551632297.0004a6668d1ae73a597bd

Yep thats the route I was going to do. Funny how gr8 minds think alike!

Looks good to me.

Court and Billy, are you guys still up for meeting somewhere on that route? If so, where?

Sam, if you look at the previous page I was goning to meet you on the A34 Services (McDonalds Car Park) and I made a suggestion to Craig to where we could meet near the M4.

Bily Was gonna meet us in MK with Gaz and company.

Sounds good. So what time do we want to get to Santa Pod? Just going to work out what time to leave/meet you as that's about 2 hours from there, not including meeting the others in MK.

Ok, here is my Convoy Plan!

Sam you'll need to leave home at about 10:20, the services are 29 miles from you. Including traffic its about 40 minute drive?

I've done a little Itinerary which is attached....below is a map. (Well from mine to the POD)

Clicky!

Ultimate BMW Travel Itinerary 2011.pdf

Edited by Court

Got a message from Barry (blclar) about joining the convoy Sam. Would you be able to meet him the otherside of the Dartford Tunnel say Thurrock Services? if not I'm happy to meet him and he can come up with me earlier. Would you mind dropping him a PM?

ETA; Just seen Gaz's map and looks like you are avoiding that route so no worries.

Edited by Mikey

Yes Gaz, just updated the first post.

Do you agree with this? And the times? Or do we want to get there slightly earlier?

Aidan, what time is your boat over?

Any time is good for me to be honest. I'm easy. I'll just do whatever time you guys get here :)

I've messaged Aidan on Fbook. If he is up for it I imagine we'll meet him in Olney, but that's on the route you've planned anyway so wouldn't add any time to the journey :) We have to go straight through Olney anyway.

I think his boat is coming the night before but don't hold me to that.

Also, hope you don't mind but I edited your title from "Route: M3 - M25 - M1" to "Route: M3 - A34 - A421" now the route's changed.

Can you guys schedule a stop in Bicester? I'm not doing the camping, but I can hand over all of the flyers and polos to be handed out. I'm only 15 minutes away from Bicester, so maybe we arrange someone to call me as you guys go past the Botley (Oxford) junction. You'll go straight past a petrol station (Bicester) with a car park where we could meet, won't be off track at all.

Bicester to Buckingham is a fun road too!

Edited by Sam

There's a couple of petrol stations in Bicester isn't there? Maybe Tesco would be easier?

You're having a giraffe! Tescos on a Saturday Lunch?!

ETA: To get to Tescos, you need to go down the Bicester Village road, which will be rammed as well.

There is a petrol station at the end (where you come off) the A41. Its got a little chef etc, so enough parking. Unless people want to use tescos as a good place to stock up?

Edited by Sam