Blair

The Tyre Topic

Oh Jesus not another tyre thread lollll

Next someone will be telling us there's an airbag recall or something!

Oh god I hope stu doesnt see this thread he'll go mental.

:lol: Gotta love the ironic humour here! :D

so what tyres are preferred for an e46 330i these days? I love ultrac sessantas but they seem to be being phased out has anyone tried their replacement the ultrac vortis? any other quality recommendations based on experience?

Running Ultrac vorti's all round....... Very happy :D

Edited by Mr Xen

I have Michelin Pilot Sport 3's all round and I've never enjoyed driving the car this much in the last 4 years!

I've always had the PS3's up front but the rears have a mixtures ranging from nankang (really surprised by these in a good way) to contis (again surprised but in a really bad way).

contis (again surprised but in a really bad way).

My 330d had Contis on when I bought it and I originally replaced them like-for-like. Since I fitted Goodyear F1 Asy (because they are cheaper than the Contis, but were highly recommended) I have to say that I'm now underwhelmed by the Contis - which I was originally impressed with.

Make; Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalin RE002

Size; 225/40/18 all round

Cost; Roughly £100 each

Comments; Have covered roughly 6000 miles so far with minimal wear. They seem to perform very well in both the wet and the dry.

Buy again; Yes probably.

I still have mine on the front. They've done best part of 30k now I reckon although I'd have to check. Certainly more than 25k

contis (again surprised but in a really bad way).

My 330d had Contis on when I bought it and I originally replaced them like-for-like. Since I fitted Goodyear F1 Asy (because they are cheaper than the Contis, but were highly recommended) I have to say that I'm now underwhelmed by the Contis - which I was originally impressed with.

Don't get me wrong, the grip etc from the contis was amazing, even to the point where they were balder than a bald mans shaved head and still didn't lose grip. It was this that surprised me as I had them for 5 months and they'd worn away.

Been reading this topic as need new tyres for my staggered summer wheels,checking for Vredestein sessantas/vortis,but on Vredestein website checked sizes and they only do sessantas in 95y(245 40 17) and 94y,(225 45 17)not 91y as BMW spec,both are also XL rated and dont even do 245 40 17's in the vortis !!

I assume people running sessantas are running 95 & 94y's ?

Been reading this topic as need new tyres for my staggered summer wheels,checking for Vredestein sessantas/vortis,but on Vredestein website checked sizes and they only do sessantas in 95y(245 40 17) and 94y,(225 45 17)not 91y as BMW spec,both are also XL rated and dont even do 245 40 17's in the vortis !!

Good luck on finding sessantas as they have now been replaced by vortis :)

Good luck on finding sessantas as they have now been replaced by vortis :)

But then again..... Only in 18

http://www.blackcircles.com/tyres/brands/vredestein/sessanta

Browsing i see Yokohama advan sport v105's or Goodyear eagle assy2's in the correct staggered set up 225/45/17 & 245/40/17 91 rating,both about £300 for 4 on Oponeo,really limited to get proper spec'd matched set.

Have Michelen Pilot Sport 3's on at present,evenly worn down to abot 3mm,but they are SHOCKING !! for tramlining,don't want that again,with my winter wheels on no tramlining.

Edited by domin8or