DJ Syxx

Introducing The M3

Keith i thought u were a Ghost :o

I've risen again :lol:

I don't recognise your username - are you someone I used to know a few years back who's chaged their name, or do you know my name by reputation :lol:

Edited by Keith

Keith nice to see you back here dude, seen your journals over on BMWOwner you doing one on here for the M ?

Hi Ricky,

It was just a fleeting visit, but maybe, maybe not. Depends on who's still around here and who would be interested, as I don't really frequent this place anymore, I find it a bit of a chore to use since the format change. I'll stick around for a few days and see if I can get used to it!

Enough papping Syxx's journal now, BOT...

Any plans lined up or do you think you'll just keep it clean and OE with a few subtle tweaks?

Wahey! Nice one Syxx, nice to see another old E46zone head has made the move. Looks lovely mate, well done... Although I'll have to say I actually prefer the facelift Silver Grey ;):D

I've only looked in here a couple times recently but have noticed that to date, that's Mikey, KeithS, Chris, you and Tim that have jumped into M Power. After my E36 M3 and M Coupe I was looking for something that would do everything well (quick, practical and modern) and bought my Silver Grey (off David [Deezer-D] actually) a few months back. They are great cars.

Enjoy mate, and I'll try check in here every now and then to keep up with what you've been doing.

Keith

Any plans lined up or do you think you'll just keep it clean and OE with a few subtle tweaks?

Yo dude!!! Welcome back mate! :D So you bought Deezer's! I saw it on sale a while back on the Cutters, nice example. They are good, I was just 1 year out of date should have done it sooner! Gosh its almost like a old zone reunion, next will have dicky and Dave Dunlop posting back as well! lol.

Plans keeping it simple I know a lot of people are expecting me to do some stuff on it going by old coupe. Just going to light smoke the lights with LaminX or buy the smoked ones, haven't decided yet, black grill, but ultimately would love a set of AC's. They are the only one I would put on this one. Finding one in M3 fitment, wish me good luck on that! lol

Yo dude!!! Welcome back mate! :D So you bought Deezer's! I saw it on sale a while back on the Cutters, nice example. They are good, I was just 1 year out of date should have done it sooner! Gosh its almost like a old zone reunion, next will have dicky and Dave Dunlop posting back as well! lol.

Plans keeping it simple I know a lot of people are expecting me to do some stuff on it going by old coupe. Just going to light smoke the lights with LaminX or buy the smoked ones, haven't decided yet, black grill, but ultimately would love a set of AC's. They are the only one I would put on this one. Finding one in M3 fitment, wish me good luck on that! lol

LOL on the reunion!

Yeah I flew over to see David, picked up the car (an absolute credit to him), and had a great road trip back - Ireland -> ferry to Scotland -> Scotland -> England -> down south to Berkshire, all in one day. Great way to get aquainted to the new car.

I think your list sounds spot on. Very similar to mine. The M's just don't need much, plus I think I'm getting past the stage of cosmetic modding, other than very subtle tweaks. Mines lowered on Eibachs, and I've spaced all the wheels out for the wider/hunkered down stance, and cosmetically I'm not even sure I'll do anything else. Black grills etc just don't look right on silver grey. Performance modification wise I've got braided lines, new fluid and yellowstuff all round.

You're spot on with wheel choice. Some ACSIII single pieces would be awesome, but rare as anything. I don't think I've ever seen any for sale. I think I may go down the genuine CSL route (won't never entertain reps) purely because I want a good looking OE rim thats a single piece with a single finish for durability. The OE 19s look great, but they aren't the most durable design with the polished face, and the refurbs don't last very well on them.

Anyway, look forward to seeing ti develop under your ownership mate. Enjoy! :thumbsup:

Looking good! And bit of a difference from the 330 hey ;.)

I must admit with mine I thought the handling was a bit wayward at speed, but a set of D2 coilovers worked amazingly! Worth while if you can!

And mpg I would not look at lol. £70 and 200 miles spring to mind lol

Where is this place in Amersham? I've lived here all my life and never heard of it.....unless we may know it by a different name!

Love m3's looks nice assume your local. Will keep an eye out

Demographically its in between Amersham and Chalfont & Latimer stations in an industrial estate opposite the Kwik Fit Garage. And not quite local! I'm in London but too far off.

Looking good! And bit of a difference from the 330 hey ;.)

I must admit with mine I thought the handling was a bit wayward at speed, but a set of D2 coilovers worked amazingly! Worth while if you can!

And mpg I would not look at lol. £70 and 200 miles spring to mind lol

Chris where you been!!! First Keith now you lol! Welcome back mate! :thumbsup:

Avoiding the coilover route this time round. Nice to drive over humps without slowing down to a 1mph crawl! lol. Yeah petrol have noticed the slight thirst for it!

Have you still got your CB Vert?

Edited by DJ Syxx

Ah I see. I live right near that. On white lion road with the Audi and bp garages I assume that's the industrial estate your talking about? And yeah sort of local I guess were only like 20mins outside here

Thats it white lion road and yes its very near the Audi dealership, kind of opposite!

Little update, was deciding between LED or CCFL angel rings and after looking at both pictures of them still prefer the CCFL's and liked them on my old coupe. Also I find the LED's are too bright for my liking! So on with fitting them. Its straightforward to install and done it on my old coupe before so knew what is where.

Before:
9817898954_78986b64aa_b.jpg
26-1 by djsyxx6, on Flickr
9817980563_d4d6057b4d_b.jpg
27-1 by djsyxx6, on Flickr
9817920466_2d6e10bbea_b.jpg
28-1 by djsyxx6, on Flickr

After:
9817908825_0ec9544e31_b.jpg
30 by djsyxx6, on Flickr
9817897374_37e9481f75_b.jpg
34 by djsyxx6, on Flickr
9817920156_ed6a344ae3_b.jpg
32 by djsyxx6, on Flickr
9817908315_79be13c9bf_b.jpg
33 by djsyxx6, on Flickr
9817919376_99f2fb930f_b.jpg
35 by djsyxx6, on Flickr

Thanks to Teddy at SSDD Motorsport for supplying the CCFL's. More to follow!

Edited by DJ Syxx