CharlE46

Remote Central Locking Not Working - Not Battery

Hi,

Thanks for that, I think it must be the battery, I've just got back from a 30+ mile run, it opened & shut the locks twice then nothing !!

I'll have to get another battery in there, are there any battery changing guides on here, I've only got one key at the moment, (will have to order another,) so cannot send my key away to be repaired,

I managed to get the fob to open & close all the windows and sunroof but still zero with the mirrors, how exactly do you "open & close" them please ?? (I can manage without auto locking but driving with folded mirrors is a pain (& dangerous,) is there any sort of "manual" operation ??

Thanks,

"Mirrors" problem sorted, finally found the small button on the mirror control, I can only assume I must have caught it somehow as I got out last night,

Now I just need to sort out the keyfob !!

Lovely car though, just need to sort out some photo's & I'll write an intro for myself,

Thanks for the help,

Guite a few different guides out there, you tube is great for them -

Pleased you sorted the mirrors and welcome to the world of E46 ownership :punk: intro's with photo's are always good.

Hi guys. I have a similar issue.

Intermittently, the car will decide that it doesn't want to lock or unlock remotely. I've got three keys and when this happens none of them work,  and when the locking works, all three keys will work - therefore it must be something in the car.  Then a period will pass when the remote locking works without issue.  The car battery is kept fully charged and conditioned with a CTEK charger.

What is puzzling is that it is an intermittent fault. Any ideas? thank you