Daviee

Andrive Chat

Hi Chaps, i seem to have an issue with my igo nav. The voice seems to go too fast and mixes directions into each other. Is there a setting to slow the voice down? It's very annoying! lol

Hi Chaps, i seem to have an issue with my igo nav. The voice seems to go too fast and mixes directions into each other. Is there a setting to slow the voice down? It's very annoying! lol

Same issue, been trying to find some kind of solution on web but nothing yet ..

Is there a TTS option anywhere on the android side,, I've read that there is an option on some of the ANDRIOD phones where you can slow this down. (TTS is text to speech, I didn't know until I searched it..) thought I saw it once but might have been dreaming..

I found that setting online but have yet to locate it. Mint is correct in it being an igo side effect as quite a few people with it on their phones have the same problem. Sygic anyone? lol

Uploaded on to my huge SD card Co Pilot for free on the App side of things over the last few days(someone with some Android knowledge showed me how to do it) with the option of 3d map's voices etc for £19.99. Heard good reviews re Co Pilot so might consider this option but also heard word that over time Tom Tom software maybe on the cards for Android systems so might be worth looking out for this in the future.

As for the Igo system it seems to work OK for me only used it to its full potentual once and it worked fine(apart from the speed side of things which showd me doing zero KMH while driving) Also checked over the weekend on the GPS side of things on the system and it showed plenty of satelitte activity yet again it showed zero MPH so there may be an issue somewhere and I honestly don't know what or where to go next re this but onIgo maps scroll along and it seems to know where I am so I'm all at sea re this and noted on the Andrive section that perhaps I may have this fault so maybe its the GPS board as stated on that post..

Edited by old grey steve

Sygic uses TOM TOM maps I think. Lot of good reviews. Just wish it would load.

Lookin forward to the new GPS boards.

Ok, then i have some more questions!

1) DTV, simply wont pick up a signal. As this is one of the primary reasons i got this unit i'll have to remedy this. Can anyone recommend a signal booster that will work with the Andrive? Does this plug in to the back etc?

2) IGO, imo is cr*p. The speech is ridiculous and as far as i can see , it wont take 7 digit postcodes. What use is that in the uk? Lol. Please correct me if i am wrong though as i am not very technical! :wacko:

I've looked at Synig and it looks good but the free version looks like a14 day trial , is that right?

3) WIFI , can anyone recommend the best way to attain wifi on the go? I dont want to pay too much p/m as i will only be on the internet at lunchtimes at work so wont require much usage. Does this vodafone dongle do anything as i've connected it and it doesnt seem to do anything?

Cheers Guys :thumbsup:

Si

Edited by s1monove

Don't know if you could get a wifi sim dongle jobby. I buy "3" sims for £12 and that's 3gig that will last upto 3 months. Might be wrong contacting Phil about aerial, since its his product I'm sure he will suggest a decent powered aerial

Edited by RoryW

Ok, then i have some more questions!

1) DTV, simply wont pick up a signal. As this is one of the primary reasons i got this unit i'll have to remedy this. Can anyone recommend a signal booster that will work with the Andrive? Does this plug in to the back etc?

2) IGO, imo is cr*p. The speech is ridiculous and as far as i can see , it wont take 7 digit postcodes. What use is that in the uk? Lol. Please correct me if i am wrong though as i am not very technical!

I've looked at Synig and it looks good but the free version looks like a14 day trial , is that right?

3) WIFI , can anyone recommend the best way to attain wifi on the go? I dont want to pay too much p/m as i will only be on the internet at lunchtimes at work so wont require much usage. Does this vodafone dongle do anything as i've connected it and it doesnt seem to do anything?

Cheers Guys

Si

ok the best way as follows

1) you will need a high gain powered antennae. about 30 off the bay for a good 1

2) i use tom tom without issue. there is a discussion on fanstics about it at the mo

3) get a giff gaff sim for the dongle £10 a month for unlimited 3g. with regard to the dongle. once you have put a 3g sim inside it. (dongle is unlocked also) you need to add the sim cards APN settings into the android side of the unit. it will then connect to the 3g signal and surf away

E46 Convertible Imola Red

is that easy to do?

Very easy,just tap into the purple and white wire for acc 12v and earth to the big brown wire on the radio loom.Also fit an inline fuse of 1 or 2 amps between the loom and your antennas and radio.I recently wired in an external dvb-t tuner mpeg4 with twin 12v boosted antennas and it works great depending on terrain.Its mad having rte on in the car and be driving.http://www.ebay.ie/i...=item3372dc06a5

This is the tuner i bought and those antennas that you can see are 12v boosted,i put them one each side of the front windscreen,one horizontal and the other vertical as different transmitters put out the signal either vertical or horozontal.And to watch tv you have to go to aux on the radio not tv.And for anyone having problems with nav software,im using automapa and its flawless,i can keep it running in the background to warn me of speed limits as i listen to music or watch a dvd or listening to the radio.

Edited by edber

the antennas look quite large in the picture... whats the acutal size? as they are powered do they really need to be located on the screen??

maybe its where i live, but i dont really have that great an issue with DTV, ok i dont use it while im driving but when im parked up its fine.

the antennas look quite large in the picture... whats the acutal size? as they are powered do they really need to be located on the screen??

maybe its where i live, but i dont really have that great an issue with DTV, ok i dont use it while im driving but when im parked up its fine.

They are roughly 8 inches long.You can put them anywhere you want provided that they get 12v,but obviously the windscreen is best or the back window.In my own honest opinion these are probably the bees knees on a motorway on a long trip as motorways tend to be out in the open.And i dont think that there is much better antennas out there. Edited by edber

Now ive got the right thread ahem.....

I've got this antenna coming tomorrow, what bits do I need to get to fit it? Is there any connectors to make the job easy or have I got to start hacking at the wires ith a knife lol

Very easy,just tap into the purple and white wire for acc 12v and earth to the big brown wire on the radio loom.Also fit an inline fuse of 1 or 2 amps between the loom and your antennas and radio.I recently wired in an external dvb-t tuner mpeg4 with twin 12v boosted antennas and it works great depending on terrain.Its mad having rte on in the car and be driving.http://www.ebay.ie/i...=item3372dc06a5

This is the tuner i bought and those antennas that you can see are 12v boosted,i put them one each side of the front windscreen,one horizontal and the other vertical as different transmitters put out the signal either vertical or horozontal.And to watch tv you have to go to aux on the radio not tv.And for anyone having problems with nav software,im using automapa and its flawless,i can keep it running in the background to warn me of speed limits as i listen to music or watch a dvd or listening to the radio.

out of interest, what head unit did you go for, ive got a copy of automapa but its not installing too well.. was trying to do it on the move so ill have another go when im parked...

are these ok for splicing wires together, i dont fancy going at it with a knife

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10x-Red-Splice-ScotchLok-Scotch-Lock-Snap-Lok-/150528693414?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item230c3594a6#ht_1001wt_906

Edited by Cannockwolf