Edd83

My 330d Sport - Progress Thread

They dont look like sport sideskirts to me :S

Why does it only have mudflaps one side ?

Looks clean otherwise

Not really sure why, it was like this when i bought it. There are marks on the front wing / rear bumper where the mudflaps were attached, but maybe fallen off at some stage? Not sure if i should the remove the other two, or buy another two yet.

You'd only de-badge if you were embarassed about your engine, there is nothing to hide here http://www.e46zone.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/wink.png

My 204 model 330d was debadged when I got it.....though I agree with the above statement entirely, it is fun when some cars tailgate you etc , thinking its a 320... then boom, where'd he go? :D liking the mv1s and eonon chap, loon is coming along nicely

Edited by e46rob

The black grills on a silver car looks ugly IMO. I tried it on my old coupe and removed it about an hour later as I thought it just made it look like the grille was missing. Colour coded grilles look really good on silver though!

How come this had a new Co.Derry plate on it and now an english plate?

Looks much better with the MV1's though!

That is where it was registered originally.

I didn't like the SNZ plate, so I just contacted the DVLA and asked for a UK style reg, they then issued RA52 RKK as a replacement for free of charge.

Tada!

Not the best photos I'm afraid as the light was fading and I was in a rush to get back to uni, but hopefully they're of some use?

DSC_0182.jpg

DSC_0181.jpg

DSC_0180.jpg

I know not everyone likes them either, but I hate chrome with a passion, so they'll do me. I also think they make it look a bit meaner too.

Cheers all. Decided i'm going to remove the other two flaps to match it up :)

What is peoples thoughts of black kidney grills on a silver car? Yey or nay, as i'm still undecided...

Hi Ed,

first of all nice to see a fellow Titanium Silver Saloon owner on here :D, also to top it off it has Montana Grey leather too ;)

I personally like it as it goes well with the black bump strips, I see where Wash is coming from if it was being fitted to a Coupe where there is no black strips.

Here are some pics of mine with Gloss Black Kidney Grills, they are Genuine BMW items and the finish is excellent on them.

50/50

BlackGrill-5050.jpg

Various shots in various lighting to get a feel for them.

AngelEyes.png

Detailed325i.pngIMG_1024.png

I hope this helps :)

Edited by Michael Lam

Does the gloss stand out from the other plastics at all? Mine are a matt/dull finish so blend in quite nicely.

That's a good point about tying in with the black plastics, I forgot the coupes were colour coded.

Does the gloss stand out from the other plastics at all? Mine are a matt/dull finish so blend in quite nicely.

That's a good point about tying in with the black plastics, I forgot the coupes were colour coded.

It blends in nicely actually as the window trims on a Sport are gloss black too as well as the mirror trim on the door itself, not to mention being so near the BMW badge which itself is glossy too.

It certainly don't look out of place, I recommend them as they still look like new as they are over 2 years old exposed to 30k of driving :)

I've got matt black grilles and they match the rub strips nicely.

Very alone in this opinion but I've always liked black outers and chrome slats, gives the grille more detail, a bit of shadow effect and the shine from the chrome matches the shine off the light lenses.

Thought i'd update after recent events

First off, had new lowering springs fitted. Before...

BA26C5D3-F7D7-4D5D-9DA9-807D1C4C5762-453

After...

null_zps2df96934.jpg

Next up, i had Freeview installed...

null_zps44ee6a82.jpg

null_zpscceb8416.jpg

null_zps06e26d59.jpg

Then i had the front wheels refurbed, looking minty fresh...

null_zpscec934f7.jpg

null_zps9857da63.jpg

Sadly, a few weeks later i was in a McDonald's car park and while eating my food, a young girl reversed straight in the side of my car...

null_zps35e4bb80.jpg

null_zpsd6cd5cc6.jpg

Luckily, she admitted liability straight away and has confirmed this with her insurance company, so the car should be fixed with minimum hassle. The car is still in the bodyshop at the moment, but will report back when i have it back.

Edited by Edd83