Edd83

My 330d Sport - Progress Thread

I've got matt black grilles and they match the rub strips nicely.

Very alone in this opinion but I've always liked black outers and chrome slats, gives the grille more detail, a bit of shadow effect and the shine from the chrome matches the shine off the light lenses.

No you're not alone ;) I recently bought a set of 2nd hand spare oem black performance grilles and had the surrounds colour coded (sparkling graphite metallic) with matte / satin black slats. After a while I felt that they made the front look too 'closed in' but the oem chromes were too loud for my liking so I replaced the black slats with the chrome ones which contrast very nicely and ties the grilles in with headlights once again :thumbsup:

Just a minor update, had problems with the propshaft recently. The rubber guilbo turned out to be knackered and the centre mount bearing didn't look great either, so decided to replace both but when I was trying to remove the prop from the diff, the CV joint at the end fell apart. So a quick call to Cotswolds and they supplied a new propshaft joint to go with the new centre mount and front guilbo. Pleased to report no more problems with propshaft now.

Car is now looking fresh again thanks to Rye St Coachworks in Haverhill, they've done a brilliant job although i still have problems with the passenger mirror and a couple of flat spots have appeared in the last 2-3 weeks from the polishing i think

New Paint... :punk:

null_zpsf0564209.jpg

1004621_10151274939977706_379538294_n_zp

Also ordered some Xenons last week, so will update again when i fit them

Sounds like the typical teenage bint that reversed right into you.

Mirror issues sound like they haven't plugged the wires back in fully or a wire was damaged and not replaced.

What springs did you put in the car to lower it as it sits nice now?

This weekend i managed to install the headlight projectors and shrouds. Came as a kit with Projectors, Shrouds, H1 HID Bulbs and Ballasts, and fittings. Pretty easy to fit, and gives a clear beam pattern :thumbsup:

SAM_0799_zps3e96df62.jpg

SAM_0792_zpsef85b998.jpg

SAM_0796_zps9155b5b0.jpg

Also had 2 rear tyres fitted today, and had a 4 wheel alignment. The difference is unreal, car tracks straight and true and hopefully my tyres will last longer now :thumbup:

Don't really know what the next mod will be really, hopefully if i get enough spare cash i'll go for a remap. Will have to wait a few weeks as i will be moving house next week and can see that taking up all my spare time and cash. Hope you like so far though.