Sam

What Have You Done To Your Car Today? Volume 2

Booked it in to a local bodyshop.

Repair front bumper scuff

Re-fit front wings to see if they can be lined up better (after market replacements)

Respray bonnet if the marks can't be polished out

Repair rust on both rear arches and extend the new paint to cover some scratches

Repair dent on tailgate and respray

£450 because I have had a car to them for a lacquer repair before and some bike parts sprayed, they do good work.

Then kangaroo'd out of there... It runs fine when its stone cold, and when it's warmed up, but while warming up it idles perfectly but the throttle response is snatchy as hell... I'm thinking it's a vacuum leak but it idles perfectly, the E30 got rough and 'groggy' when it had one.

Edited by Stonesie

Took another trip to the local BMW scrappy and picked up a spare centre console ready to be cleaned and sprayed for project blue interior trims. Sadly no rear arm rests still but hopefully find some soon!

2RRTIrx.jpg

Then made sure she was clean again for a day or two!

bYdIXLX.jpg

Fitted a new pair of wipers, I went for genuine BMW flat wipers, not cheap but the Bosch wipers that came off don't fit in the box, no big bulky hook on these.

https://imageshack.com/i/f0Q6qpcfj

Also finally got the V5, and after a 10 minuet delay getting home from work because the car wouldn't start I think I will be at BMW in the morning ordering that key.

Edited by Stonesie

Took another trip to the local BMW scrappy and picked up a spare centre console ready to be cleaned and sprayed for project blue interior trims. Sadly no rear arm rests still but hopefully find some soon!

2RRTIrx.jpg

Then made sure she was clean again for a day or two!

bYdIXLX.jpg

Those alloys are a lovely colour mate! :thumbsup:

End of chapter 1

e72c9986ea63c8e846bc65530e90d2b0.jpg

Beginning of chapter 2

c076e9498d8bf2de019bc6f0645be108.jpg

After 6 years of ownership it's time to move on

I'm after a cls 500 or cl 500

c8a52ad1114ac74fa0324d00c5ab09f5.jpg

1f31add98ecb2e9ce71713ca74bc98d5.jpg

So unfortunately this will be for sale soon

d0f7b2827059b2be8ac041ea5ccc9fe2.jpg

Sent from my LG-H815

Edited by Chimp Choker

Yeah the cl is the 2nd one however they have a hydraulic suspension system called active body control, when it works it's great but expensive when it goes wrong.

We will see lol

Sent from my LG-H815

I had a shock earlier, shame I didn't have the hiccups really as being told that a new rear windscreen was £549.95 would have cured them :blink:

Other than that I ordered a few bits from the local dealer.

Key

Steering flex joint

Linkage for the front headlight levelling sensor, since mine is held together with cable ties.