Sam

What Have You Done To Your Car Today? Volume 2

Washed her then filled her up with Momentum99 ready for a road trip to the Lake District tomorrow.

I was there today on a tank of Shells finest. Went to Windermere, was heaving. Parked my M3 and then realised I was facing an e46 topaz 330ci in the car park. Local car show tomorrow then it's back to the Audi again Edited by TopSod

I bought mine through my local dealer using P/Ns from here - http://www.e46zone.com/forum/topic/41420-how-to-replace-your-ccv-valve-m54-engine/

11617533400 Oil seperating valve (insulated)
11617533398 Vent Pipe (insulated)
11617533399 Connecting line (insulated)
11157532629 Vent hose (insulated)
11617504536 Return Pipe
11431740045 Dip Stick O-rings
13547504729 Throttle Body Gasket

Washed her then filled her up with Momentum99 ready for a road trip to the Lake District tomorrow.

I was there today on a tank of Shells finest. Went to Windermere, was heaving. Parked my M3 and then realised I was facing an e46 topaz 330ci in the car park. Local car show tomorrow then it's back to the Audi again

It was heaving on the Friday as well.

Just loaded the car for the North East / Lakes / Hadrian's Wall / Beamish roadtrip.

Mileage says 125015, lets see how many miles i can do by the time i get back home at 6pm Sunday.

804 miles done in the end. :thumbsup:

E46: Some light at the end of the tunnel, a breakers yard may have some replacement drive shafts.

E93: After a 600 mile round trip to Yorkshire where it performed superbly it's back at the dealer as it's had a cold start issue since they replaced the catalytic converter last week.

W201 2.6: It's been sat there doing nothing. I think I'm going to scrap it, regretting the decision to buy it. Might give it away for free.

W201 2.5: Err, I just bought an E-Reg Mercedes Cosworth and it's being delivered today.

K46: Sitting pretty in the car park. Might actually get some use this week.

Did the pass before it as well, Rhino Pass i think its called?

Close. I think you'll find it's Wrynose Pass.

Ian.

Thats the one! Wasn't paying too much attention to the signs, as i was driving and trying to avoid people coming the other way :thumbsup:

Today, I've cleaned and fed me lev-vahz innit. :D

I also got a bit carried away and cleaned the manky screen on the head unit. I was very gentle with the SRP, but I think I've probably taken most of the AGC off the screen. It's not shiny shiny so I'll see how I get on with it. If I get too much reflection I'll just get some anti-glare film off the 'bay, or somewhere.

Not today but Saturday- Changed a headlight bulb and windscreen wipers on the 325ci. Changed the wipers, engine oil, filter and level sensor (was coming on after about a minute for about 30sec). Drove to work this morning after 5 miles the oil level light came on so I pulled in let the car rest for a few minutes and checked the level to find out its spot on, drove off and after another 5 miles it came back on. This is more annoying than the original sensor because I have an orange light all the time now. Before anyone asks no it isn't an oem Hella sensor because I didn't think I needed to spend £100+ on a level sensor but in reality I've just wasted £40 plus and engine full of oil. Everybody please remember BUY CHEAP BUY TWICE.

today fitted Bilstein B4 dampers all round, new top mounts/re-inforcement plates, new front/rear ARB bushes and drop links, new tie rods and track rods and booked in for 4 wheel alignment at bmw (my mate works for them so get it cheap thankfully!) only had a short drive so far but feels a lot better now, no play in the steering now!

also off to the bodyshop tomorrow for a quote on a few bits tidying up thanks to braindead arsewipes scuffing my car!

today fitted Bilstein B4 dampers all round, new top mounts/re-inforcement plates, new front/rear ARB bushes and drop links, new tie rods and track rods and booked in for 4 wheel alignment at bmw (my mate works for them so get it cheap thankfully!) only had a short drive so far but feels a lot better now, no play in the steering now!

also off to the bodyshop tomorrow for a quote on a few bits tidying up thanks to braindead arsewipes scuffing my car!

what was the cost of the dampers? im having mine done tomorrow

forgot to add that i changed the gearbox oil too!, replaced the old stuff with redline MTL, will see how it is when the car is cold again!