Sam

What Have You Done To Your Car Today? Volume 2

Washed, SRP with DA, 2 coats of EGP, gTechniq G4 followed by G1 for all the glass, T1 for the trim and Collinite 476 for the wheels

2 hours of car cleaning bliss. It's a bit like meditation for me...ommmm

Did this to mine the other night, very therapeutic

Extended test drive of the i3 booked for Monday. I get to keep it for a few days and see how it works in the real world :)

I can't wait to test out the pre-heat function to get the cabin up to temperature before leaving :D

Shame there so ugly! :wacko:

Shame there so ugly! :wacko:

True that! Still, a rusty silver E46 that's not been washed for (literally) months is hardly a looker!

I think they'd look so much better with proper wheels and a single colour scheme rather than the black bonnets.

New tailgate struts at last! Now it flies open. Fixed my blown headlamp bulb with wd40 lol Just s**t in the connectors...it appears? Two trips to the garage have not found why it cuts out after a 4k+ thrashing all seems ok!? The old girl has passed 203,000 miles now but still drives ok. Bought some Wynns Black smoke treatment for it & it drives beautiful ....with little to no smoke after a couple of hundred miles use.

Vert had to have a new rocker gasket & a new low oil level sensor. When I turned the ignition on oil light was red but came on yellow when running for about 12 seconds. Then it would go out. Oil level was always fine as it doesn't use oil between services.

Had a cracking drive round Wales 2 weeks ago in it. Awesome car but wife needs a diesel (with a decent boot lol) in the near future so I cant get too attached to it.

My OBD2 bluetooth scanner arrived today. Been playing around with it, not bad for £4 delivered. Nice to see no errors reported when I scanned the ECU.

Mate can you just plug this in and wifi link with laptop or is it a lead

Ordered a new set of inside tail lights last night. Was washing the car yesterday and noticed the lens on the OS one is peeling away from the housing at the top. Was hoping to buy led tails but the budget is not stretching at this time of the month. Should tidy the rear up though as they are both pretty grotty.

2015-10-16%2009.07.42.jpg

Couldn't get it going - the E30 is too weak to jump the 330d, and I couldn't find any other jump leads to connect the Focus up to it as well :(

Then I found out the E30 had drunk all of its coolant too, so that needed a top up before leaving. (New engine being collected tomorrow.) End result: 20 minutes late leaving.

Happy Friday!

Did you try to disconnect the battery while jumping the car....would have stopped the knackered battery sucking up all the juice.

Not this time, but last time it drained (this is becoming a regular thing, I think I need to remember to alter the shutdown timers on my dashcams) it still wouldn't start even with the battery disconnected - if anything, it was worse, which was strange. The lights went mad and started turning themselves on, and it was less willing to crank than with the battery connected.

I think I need to remember to alter the shutdown timers on my dashcams)

My dashcam is left on all night.....and can stay on for days without hindering my car starting.

I have two :) But yeah, mine used to allow this, but the alternator is only offering minimal charge levels (13.3v at a push), and I want to replace the car soon, so I'm trying to hold out on changing it as it doesn't look like a fun job...

Finally took the keys back off the wife and hers is back on the road :)

The car is officially trashed from her and the little one :censored:

So one new rear tyre cheers wife !!! And car full of women's crap :2guns:

Not feeling the love with the 46 at the moment :(

New engine collected :)

(m20b25)

20151017_122830.jpg

Can I asks favour!? Can you grab me a couple of pictures of how the steering pump is mounted! I made the mistake of taking the thing off without looking at how it goes back on!

Got one from the scrappy yesterday to go back on hopefully this one works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Until I've got it out, this is the best I can do.

The metal pas bracket has three bolts to the block, one in the front, two on the sides iirc.

The pas pump then attached to that

20151017_151554.jpg

20151017_151621.jpg

Can I asks favour!? Can you grab me a couple of pictures of how the steering pump is mounted! I made the mistake of taking the thing off without looking at how it goes back on!

Got one from the scrappy yesterday to go back on hopefully this one works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And a couple more, hopefully they help.

20151017_180041.jpg

20151017_180031.jpg

20151017_180023.jpg