Sam

What Have You Done To Your Car Today? Volume 2

Still trying to identify a rattle from somewhere in the dashboard area.

Mal I've been drove mad by my e90 dash the last couple of weeks trying to find a rattle.

Been mega busy at work and also family stuff so this was getting me the point of wanting to smash the dash.

Mine had 2, 1 was the main dash vent above the I drive (inserted a small peice of felt sorted) the other was the air vent surround near the light switch. Took it off (comes off the same as the e46 held on by 2 metal pegs) the metal and hard plastic of the vent cover was rubbing on the hard plastic of the light unit, again small peice of felt all quiet.

Sent from my Note 4 using tapatalk

Yeah, sounds like it coming from the air vent near light switch. Just need 5 mins to take it apart and see.

Easy way to tell press it in whilst driving (mine went quiet when doing this)

I've pushed it in while driving and the rattle is still there. This could take a while.

Oh dear. I also tried wedging my hand between the door and the vent trim, this again made it go.

Not really selling the build quality of the ultimate driving machine are we?

But your right Mal I took me ages I had bits of felt wedged in all over the dash before I found it.

Seems like a really fun yet dangerous feature, are there any more 'challenges'?

Challenge: completed!

2015-10-21%2007.45.20.jpg

The other challenge is to make the gap/difference here as large as possible

2015-10-21%2007.45.30.jpg

And general info if anyone cares

2015-10-21%2007.45.49.jpg

2015-10-21%2007.46.00.jpg

And a quick shot from my phone as I walked up to it this morning. Looks cool, I like it (in the dark!).

2015-10-21%2007.02.06.jpg

Changing a number plates is supposed to be easy right? Apparently not...

002_zps9v8yhpbh.jpg

One of the plastic screw caps on the rear plate was missing, guess it has been for years now. As I positioned the screwdriver the screw just crumbled into mush. Had to remove it with a pair of pliers.

Well used my snow foam for the first time to say that I was unimpressed is an understatement. Think I got the mixture wrong came out like frothy milk at best. More solution next time.

Which snow foam?

Got it from Ray @rsalloys it's where I get all my cleaning gear from everything else has been spot on. User fault too little solution in pressure washer snow foam mixing bottle I think

Rain x'd the windows and gliptoned the steering wheel, amazing the amount of crap that comes off it.

I did that with my steering wheel, brings it up like new with a nice matt finish.

Rain x'd the windows and gliptoned the steering wheel, amazing the amount of crap that comes off it.

I did that with my steering wheel, brings it up like new with a nice matt finish.

Mines in good condition but always nice to keep it clean.

Looks very similar to the iDrive system in mine really like the split screen option. BBC Radio 2 though!? Isn't that a little OAP for someone our age!? ;)

Edited by Ashley1995

Looks very similar to the iDrive system in mine really like the split screen option. BBC Radio 2 though!? Isn't that a little OAP for someone our age!? ;)

Yeah, I like the split screen. Maybe a function of professional media?

Radio 2 is for car sharing, I was soon back to Bluetooth and music not in keeping with the i3 demographic!

Yeah, I like the split screen. Maybe a function of professional media?

Radio 2 is for car sharing, I was soon back to Bluetooth and music not in keeping with the i3 demographic!

Yeah it is, only get a smaller screen with non pro. Well worth getting IMO

Ah fair enough then [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk