Sam

Forum Upgrade 28Th March 2013

I can't reply to some topics, it just won't send :( Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk due to the fact that I am a feeble woman and I have a squirrel brain... And contrary to popular belief I am not having sexual relations with me Bungle...!

i have another one.....every time i go from off-topic to general using the small horizontal expand list towards the the top of the page,i get an error message..."opps...something went wrong.....The topic filter settings you submitted are not valid. Please go back and reset your topic filter settings"

first time thats happened!!!! :cry:

Exact same issue for me.

I'm not seeing 'array' posting on stuff - maybe it's a mobile only thing given all the screen shoots above are mobile. . . ?

Capture-5.png

Whats wrong with the quoting? Looks much better.

Quoting's just plain odd on mine: (Chrome, Windows 8 Pro 64)

Capture2PNG.png

I've updated Tapatalk. Can anyone try it for me.

Google search now added.

The rest of the issues:

Quoting and replying to a topic formatting is inconsistent, some versions hard to use.

Same member listed for every "last reply" on mobile version.

Some main forums won't open, just error.

Facebook/twitter icons are unaligned in certain browsers/zooms (also on iPad)

Edited by Sam

If you look at the code they give you to submit to forums, it looks to be a change their end.

th_20130329_182331_zps7d55a142.jpg

The IMG tag is what will be displayed, and it's a JPG file, the URL is where it'll go once clicked, which is to their page.

Have you done any embedded videos before the upgrade? I can take a look at the code for that and see what's different.

ETA: It looks as if its the same on this page: http://www.e46zone.com/forum/blog/20/entry-164-video-of-the-eisenmannme-in-snow-taken-10012013/

Can you confirm if they'd play embedded or not? The code is exactly the same format.

Edited by Sam

If you look at the code they give you to submit to forums, it looks to be a change their end.

The IMG tag is what will be displayed, and it's a JPG file, the URL is where it'll go once clicked, which is to their page.

Have you done any embedded videos before the upgrade? I can take a look at the code for that and see what's different.

ETA: It looks as if its the same on this page: http://www.e46zone.com/forum/blog/20/entry-164-video-of-the-eisenmannme-in-snow-taken-10012013/

Can you confirm if they'd play embedded or not? The code is exactly the same format.

The second one you have linked def plays (not on work computer though :( but it does play in photobucket)

Both videos are hosted same way on photobucket

The second one you have linked def plays (not on work computer though :( but it does play in photobucket)

Both videos are hosted same way on photobucket

They both work in the same way for me, both are images and you click them to take you to the photobucket site where the video plays. The formatting of the code is the same.

If there really is a difference, then it seems like it might be down to the forum, if so, I doubt it'll change I'm afraid.

Sam, can you see if there are any issues with the upgrade and IE7 as I can't quote anything using this version (that's what they use at work unfortunately).

Sam, can you see if there are any issues with the upgrade and IE7 as I can't quote anything using this version (that's what they use at work unfortunately).

I couldn't quote (safari/Firefox) but that was due to me missing one of the "]" closing tags.

Re- photobucket videos I could never get them to work embedded when I did my car thread originally (Daz did make a couple work) so I have used youtube ever since.