Jump to content
R11CH

R11CH: Supercharged E46 Build.

Recommended Posts

So got the relocation panel on Saturday and began work this evening while sat in the chair by fitting one of the usb sockets into the bar on the panel, you would almost think it was factory fitted :D

20160215_210148_zpsoiazmqjh.jpg

Shall mount the other in the glove box for the usb stick leaving the one in the panel free for my phone etc and crack on with fitting the stereo over the weekend.

Also had my clutch fitted last Thursday/Friday by Bmw cant believe the difference its made to the car especially to the 1st gear take off and the clutch pedal is now silly light.

While it was having the clutch done i had the gear shifter bushes changed so i now have a nice tight gearshifter with precise gear selection big improvement over the worn out bushes.

Over the past 6 months the car has come on leaps and bounds, its an absolute pleasure to drive B)

 

Edited by R11CH
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So today i attended a cold Rolling Road Day at Surrey Rolling Road with a local car forum, been going here for years but with a different car but today i decided to put the Bmw on.

Was chuffed with the outcome, 13yrs old, 146k and i gained 2 hp over stock and the engine is nice and healthy with good fuelling, i was expecting to have lost a bit but just goes to show these engines really are good if looked after.

20160227_114314_zpsjenuemmu.jpg

CCF27022016_00000_zpsb83nn3vb.jpg

CCF27022016_00001_zpsml41p7ej.jpg

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, R11CH said:

So today i attended a cold Rolling Road Day at Surrey Rolling Road with a local car forum, been going here for years but with a different car but today i decided to put the Bmw on.

Was chuffed with the outcome, 13yrs old, 146k and i gained 2 hp over stock and the engine is nice and healthy with good fuelling, i was expecting to have lost a bit but just goes to show these engines really are good if looked after.

20160227_114314_zpsjenuemmu.jpg

CCF27022016_00000_zpsb83nn3vb.jpg

CCF27022016_00001_zpsml41p7ej.jpg

 

what rolling road was it,dyno dyanamics are supposed to most accurate,but ive seen same car go to different rr sessions and all differ by around -10 to +10 so not exactly accurate,but ya car sounds pretty good either way.edit,ha ha just seen it was dd rolling road

Edited by rasa
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, rasa said:

what rolling road was it,dyno dyanamics are supposed to most accurate,but ive seen same car go to different rr sessions and all differ by around -10 to +10 so not exactly accurate,but ya car sounds pretty good either way.edit,ha ha just seen it was dd rolling road

Yeah was a DD and its at Surrey Rolling Road so no b******t readings, been going there for years. Of course there will always be + and - but the fact it made stock power is a result showing its a healthy engine. All the cars there today made varied power apart from a Merc CL63 AMG, should be 550 made 460 :( and an M3 vert which was bellowing smoke out the engine bay, flat and down on power. Suspected vanos issues.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seen some tasty cars down at Surrey RR, never seen the place empty so quickly as when my 330d went on the rollers though, lol.

It was something like 911 turbo then Focus RS then E46 M3 SC.......then my 330d. I suspect having that super charged M3 didn't help, he had a lot interest under the bonnet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, mjn said:

Seen some tasty cars down at Surrey RR, never seen the place empty so quickly as when my 330d went on the rollers though, lol.

It was something like 911 turbo then Focus RS then E46 M3 SC.......then my 330d. I suspect having that super charged M3 didn't help, he had a lot interest under the bonnet.

ha ha ,the snooty f**kers,should of bellowed some lovely toxic derv fumes in their faces.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, mjn said:

Seen some tasty cars down at Surrey RR, never seen the place empty so quickly as when my 330d went on the rollers though, lol.

It was something like 911 turbo then Focus RS then E46 M3 SC.......then my 330d. I suspect having that super charged M3 didn't help, he had a lot interest under the bonnet.

SRR is regarded as one of the best and Charlie and Mark look after your car so they do get a lot of tasty motors in.

10 hours ago, gaz-777 said:

They are great figures Rich, bet your well chuffed with it. 

Very chuffed, like i say i was surprised when it made stock power on the first run seeing as its completely stock.

Anyone recommend a mapper ?

I forgot to ask Charlie while i was there but i wouldn't mind having the car mapped but im after a dyno tune not a chip or generic map loaded on as that's just not proper mapping, Google is full of "mappers" but who to trust ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Out with the old

20160305_125435_zpsmuglx9cw.jpg

In with the new

20160310_165452_zpseho5pr6q.jpg

20160310_165508_zpscqiveufe.jpg

20160310_165715_zpscappbx0y.jpg

New handbrake consol, Cup holders and coin tray, New carbon cube trim, New heater relocation consol, New CS gearnob, New alacantara gaitors (handbrake gaitor still to fit) and the new stereo fitted with usb connections in the front panel and glove box.

Impressed with the stereo so far, sound quality being the biggest improvement, i made sure i went with the 4x50w stereo. Dab aerial supplied is only any good if put on the roof so have ordered a new one to fit on the windscreen. Also fitted an Alpine 10" type R sub in the boot so its got some bass but the front speakers really need upgrading. Interiour is getting there just need my Royal steering wheel and 330ci speedo rings.

 

Also gave the car a wash seal using ADS Car Care products, cant recommend this stuff enough

Iron avenger wheel cleaner

20160310_154818_zpsxuhlhngf.jpg

20160310_154857_zpsr658yaeq.jpg

ADS snow foam

20160310_155908_zpscns2f4ta.jpg

Sealed with hydro skin applied with the snow foam lance, rinsed off and dried

20160310_165903_zpsihpyrieh.jpg

20160310_165930_zpsbwtbeaih.jpg

20160310_170045_zpsh6l0kaix.jpg

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 19/03/2016 at 11:17, Mr Squibbs said:

Wow! Got a lot of love for this car, the interior looks absolutely mint now. Did you get all the parts from BMW? Do you have a cost breakdown? (If you don't mind sharing?)

Cheers man.

All from Bmw apart from the HU obviously and the gaitors.

I have the invoices but would need to dig them out but all in just over £400 

 

Did a 450mile round trip this weekend and the car performed perfectly only catch was the springs have settled more and with the offset and width of the tyres i got some arch to tyre contact on both front and back on some humps and long corners while give it some. Might need to reconfigure my tyres or spacers i think.....

Edited by R11CH
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm assuming that's 400 excluding the HU and gaitors? So 400 for the parts from BMW? 

Just looked at the pictures again, and it makes the interior look so fresh, I've just picked up a 325 vert last weekend and I think I could with replacing a few parts. Did you get the part number from realoem?

Edited by Mr Squibbs
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 20/03/2016 at 22:56, Mr Squibbs said:

I'm assuming that's 400 excluding the HU and gaitors? So 400 for the parts from BMW? 

Just looked at the pictures again, and it makes the interior look so fresh, I've just picked up a 325 vert last weekend and I think I could with replacing a few parts. Did you get the part number from realoem?

No that's including the HU. 

My parts guy is really clued up so i just go in there and ask, he also sorts out really good discount on parts and labour for me. I only had to confirm the part number for the relocation panel as there is two different types everything else is just on the screen to look at.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, R11CH said:

No that's including the HU. 

My parts guy is really clued up so i just go in there and ask, he also sorts out really good discount on parts and labour for me. I only had to confirm the part number for the relocation panel as there is two different types everything else is just on the screen to look at.

Wow, all in for that money is great, it really does make it look like new. 

Looking forward to more updates

Edited by Mr Squibbs
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So spotted the other day that my top rad pipe had developed a slight weep from one end, rather annoying considering the other month i had just replaced the expansion tank and coolant, i had checked the pipes and they looked in great condition.... so another trip to BMW and another £100 later i have two new pipes and a rad cap, thought i might as well replace that too

20160423_104059_zpsim6nwpgp.jpg

I also whilst it was having surgery did the annual service of all filters and oil before wheeling it back out the unit for a good wash and clean

20160423_162555_zps0w1cm52t.jpg

then went to my usual location for a couple pics

2016-01-29%2008.37.06_zpsjjp4i5tz.png

2016-01-29%2008.38.03_zpsf16zywxo.png

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Out with the old

20160305_125435_zpsmuglx9cw.jpg

In with the new

20160310_165452_zpseho5pr6q.jpg

20160310_165508_zpscqiveufe.jpg

20160310_165715_zpscappbx0y.jpg

New handbrake consol, Cup holders and coin tray, New carbon cube trim, New heater relocation consol, New CS gearnob, New alacantara gaitors (handbrake gaitor still to fit) and the new stereo fitted with usb connections in the front panel and glove box.

Impressed with the stereo so far, sound quality being the biggest improvement, i made sure i went with the 4x50w stereo. Dab aerial supplied is only any good if put on the roof so have ordered a new one to fit on the windscreen. Also fitted an Alpine 10" type R sub in the boot so its got some bass but the front speakers really need upgrading. Interiour is getting there just need my Royal steering wheel and 330ci speedo rings.

 

Also gave the car a wash seal using ADS Car Care products, cant recommend this stuff enough

Iron avenger wheel cleaner

20160310_154818_zpsxuhlhngf.jpg

20160310_154857_zpsr658yaeq.jpg

ADS snow foam

20160310_155908_zpscns2f4ta.jpg

Sealed with hydro skin applied with the snow foam lance, rinsed off and dried

20160310_165903_zpsihpyrieh.jpg

20160310_165930_zpsbwtbeaih.jpg

20160310_170045_zpsh6l0kaix.jpg

 

Looks bang on.. Something i really want to do when this f****** weather stops f****** around

Ironx body and wheels

Wash

Clay bar

Wash

Polish

Wax

Enjoy

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...


×
×
  • Create New...