R11CH

R11CH: Supercharged E46 Build.

4 minutes ago, R11CH said:

I hope so too but she has been good to me for the past 4 years so its only right she has a bit of tlc 

Cool. That's why I've been doing preventative stuff in my first three months of ownership - it's all about karma! 

On 28/11/2015, 17:43:03, Rich (BoxClever) said:

Cool. That's why I've been doing preventative stuff in my first three months of ownership - it's all about karma! 

Expensive way of going about it as where do you stop ? I always went with the if its not broke don't fix it but if im in the area replacing something that has failed i will tend to replace other bits while its apart.

Yeah mate, I have stopped, I think! I've chopped and changed with cars too much in recent years so I'd like this one to last and to keep it for a bit so I haven't minded throwing some money into it. But yeah, must stop spending:)

The spending will never stop that's for sure!

Im in the same boat, even though i have had mine for the best part of 4 years i was going to chop it in on an E46 M3 but im currently now saving for a mortgage so the M3 is on the back burner and i will be selling my track car and intend on keeping this as my only car for awhile longer so fixing them little niggles and making the car more my own, just a shame i have spent more than what the car is worth in a few months :lol: but i do like it, nice place to be.

Edited by R11CH

Tomorrow cant come quick enough :D just over 2weeks with out the car again as its been at the body shop. Hopefully have some pictures tomorrow of its freshly painted body then on to having the wheels refurbished in hyper silver.

Edited by R11CH

So im still waiting on my car to be finished from the body shop, ended up having more done than planned hence the time frame but Saturday it should be back in my hands.

In the meantime i purchased one of these

12507442_10153721086547752_8783184132793

And been busy ordering at Bmw for some more goodies. Update when its all in and fitted.

Looks great mate. I'm in a similar position - thought about selling mine numerous times for an M3 but have just bought my house so most my free cash seems to be getting spent on that instead of the car now.

Interesting that you think the ride is worse on the new suspension - I put the same shocks on mine but with the black Eibachs instead and I'd say although firmer the ride is actually better.

Well done mate) You have replace a lot of stuff ) btw what did you do to your original parts? I bet they are still usable. I have pretty much same amount OEM parts from the car when I purchased it - springs, dampers, pads, rotors all the bushes etc..and pretty much everything is in OK condition, was thinking about putting everything on ebay, but then decided to keep it all. atm I already have 6 brake pad sets that are still OK)put yellows EBC too because plan 5 trackdays in Jan/Feb, red stuff were overheating quite quickly and ATE were destroyed after 2-3 track days.

23 hours ago, bennno2005 said:

Looks great mate. I'm in a similar position - thought about selling mine numerous times for an M3 but have just bought my house so most my free cash seems to be getting spent on that instead of the car now.

Interesting that you think the ride is worse on the new suspension - I put the same shocks on mine but with the black Eibachs instead and I'd say although firmer the ride is actually better.

Thanks ;)

Don't get me wrong the car is miles better to drive since doing all the arb bushes and suspension, much more nimble and a lot less roll and lots more feedback but the ride is a lot firmer, can feel every little bump in the road and what with the state of our roads i find my self weaving round every bump, drain cover and pot hole haha.

16 hours ago, andreyb said:

Well done mate) You have replace a lot of stuff ) btw what did you do to your original parts? I bet they are still usable. I have pretty much same amount OEM parts from the car when I purchased it - springs, dampers, pads, rotors all the bushes etc..and pretty much everything is in OK condition, was thinking about putting everything on ebay, but then decided to keep it all. atm I already have 6 brake pad sets that are still OK)put yellows EBC too because plan 5 trackdays in Jan/Feb, red stuff were overheating quite quickly and ATE were destroyed after 2-3 track days.

Thanks, still plenty more to replace.

I threw the lot in the bin, it had covered 146k and they are 12years old so even though they had life left i wouldn't re use any of it myself and no one would pay money for it either.

Discs and pads had only a couple hundred miles on them but they are pagid items so they went in the bin.

Been spending at BMW again, my handbrake console was looking a bit tired and trawling through ebay for a good condition one was proving to be a mine field even though they all say "Mint condition" yet mine was better condition....... So i bought a new one and treated my self to some cup holders and coin tray

20160122_184511_zps7qlvypzm.jpg

Shall get that fitted up with the new stereo soon.

GOOD NEWS!!!! I finally have my car back from the body shop Woooooooo......

Very pleased with the results, no more droopy front bumper and the lower grill is black finally. Pleased with the new SSD fog light covers and cs splitters :D

Had a bit more work done in the end as it only went in for rear arches, front bumper, rear bumper and the splitters fitted but i ended up having both rear quarters done and right around the back piece under the boot lid, bonnet, front wings, front lower grill gloss black, ssd fog light covers in gloss black and rear diffuser in gloss black, front headlights sanded down and polished up to look like new, new fog lights and a few new bits of trim and clips.

Cant wait to give it a clean and proper polish up.

Excuse the poor pics i had just picked it up from the body shop after its hot wash hence the fog lights steamed up

20160124_135042_zpsjcjrt9d5.jpg

20160124_135051_zpsrh8n3egd.jpg

20160124_135000_zpshcfgwryo.jpg

20160124_134948_zpshqorkwhf.jpg

20160124_134916_zpsirsqiaz8.jpg

What do we think ?

Edited by R11CH

Looks nice. Mine is going in tonight to have a parking scuff sorted and my rear diffuser & splitters repainted.

I'm not a fan of the colour coded splitters myself so going gloss black to match the window trims / mirror bases.

Really like your alloys too! Much prefer them in 18" myself.

3 hours ago, bennno2005 said:

Looks nice. Mine is going in tonight to have a parking scuff sorted and my rear diffuser & splitters repainted.

I'm not a fan of the colour coded splitters myself so going gloss black to match the window trims / mirror bases.

Really like your alloys too! Much prefer them in 18" myself.

Glad i had my diffuser painted gloss black. looks loads better. I will get some more pictures up once its been polished up.

I remember you saying in my other thread how you don't like them colour coded and i was still in two minds when it went to be painted so i didn't have them bonded but stuck on with tape for now so that if i didn't like them the hard work had been done and i could just paint them gloss black myself but now they are on the car i like them so i shall have them bonded on to get a better finish.

Looks wicked mate, lovely car. I quite like the colour coded splitters as it goes bit Daz is right, it does make them blend in a bit.

Looking at how good yours has come out makes me want to get all my paint bits done, was also planning to get my rear diffuser gloss black, they look so good gloss, especially when in contrast with a good colour like silver grey. 

Where did you get the splitters if you don't mind me asking. I could do with some my self, but dont want to end up with badly fitting ones.

21 hours ago, Ruesta said:

Looks wicked mate, lovely car. I quite like the colour coded splitters as it goes bit Daz is right, it does make them blend in a bit.

Looking at how good yours has come out makes me want to get all my paint bits done, was also planning to get my rear diffuser gloss black, they look so good gloss, especially when in contrast with a good colour like silver grey. 

Where did you get the splitters if you don't mind me asking. I could do with some my self, but dont want to end up with badly fitting ones.

Thanks man! The glossy bits make a big difference.

I got mine from SSD-Motorsport Pu Plastic ones, good fit but still require little fettling for perfect fit.

15 hours ago, R11CH said:

Thanks man! The glossy bits make a big difference.

I got mine from SSD-Motorsport Pu Plastic ones, good fit but still require little fettling for perfect fit.

Thanks for that, SSD it is then.

Edited by Ruesta
duplicate

Decided this weekend the car would get treated to a full detail session since its back in my hands after its long trip at the body shop.

Began by applying some iron avenger to the wheels and snow foaming the car to remove the loose crud

20160130_114356_zpssef955so.jpg

Then a full wash with the two bucket method, quick rinse and then began attacking the tar spots with some tar remover. I then clay bared the whole car. Washed the car again to remove any residue and dried the car in prep ready for its polish and wax session tomorrow.

No polish or wax applied yet!

20160130_142547_zpsjwe4t4vr.jpg

20160130_142604_zps8szjkfwp.jpg

20160130_142731_zpspe2hfzpf.jpg

20160130_143137_zps7ye3sata.jpg

20160130_143233_zpspvmclkpn.jpg

20160130_143548_zpsojw1rpye.jpg

20160130_143607_zpsxfzfyuuk.jpg

20160130_152124_zpsuojtpqur.jpg

20160130_152237_zpspgiitmh5.jpg

Showing the new foglight surrounds i had done in gloss black. Really annoyng the new foglights keep steaming up!!!!!!!!

20160130_152610_zpsaphe8eih.jpg

Messing around with the settings on the phone which i really need a new one!!!

20160130_152751_zps39kedij6.jpg

Left the car tucked up in the workshop so i can crack on polishing and waxing tomorrow.

Still got my new handbrake surround and cupholders to fit, new gear knob, new touch screen stereo, steering wheel and handbrake/ gearshifter gaitors and have the wheels refurbished. Plenty going on oh and for it go in to Bmw for its clutch soon too.

Edited by R11CH

So cracked on with the polishing today but unfortunately i didn't get the wax on so thats a job for tomorrow evening.

3 passes over each panel with polish, looking shiny now 

20160131_155948_zpswg8wxzuy.jpg

20160131_160119_zpsrgrlssli.jpg

One thing i hadn't noticed was that the body shop had ruined my new ebay badges with the mop and made them dull. The missus over heard me moaning about it so while she was out she nipped into Bmw and returned to surprised me with a new Bmw badge :D

20160131_154506_zpszidmz6vq.jpg