Stu9

Might put my wee

Pug back otr....it's an older 306 2.0hdi....I know the mention of French usually puts folk off...I ask because i'm seriously thinking about puting mine back otr and selling the 320d to cut costs a bit

Good motor and engine. Shame about selling the 46 though

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Yep, just some electrics let it down, but apart from that, bloody good cars

What are you asking?

Nothing really, dont why I postsed

Will you really save enough money to make it worth doing ?

Can't be much in it mpg wise and i know what i'd rather be driving

Is there a big difference between the two cars in tax and ins ?

I met a mate at the weekend and his son is paying over £4k ins on a SEAT Cupra :blink:

I know the Bm's arguably the better car, that's debatable though

Why's it debatable since you've just said you know it's the better car?? Strange statement.

There's nothing to debate - the Pug whilst being good at what it does will never be patch on the quality and driving experience of the BMW.

I came from a xsara 2.0hdi to my 320d. I can't see where you are coming from at all?

My diesel bill is cheaper, my insurance is cheaper and the there is only about £20 difference in the tax.

And now I drive a better car too!

A old French car would probly see a garage more often then a old bmw too.

Edited by Jks87

A 206 diesel is better than a e46?

Have a lay down fella

I didnt say it was better (it's a 306)

As above, the 306 turbo diesel is a bloody good car for what it is, they take alot of abuse and rack the miles up easily. But i wouldn't sell an E46 to own one though

I'm not...I've had it (306) for 3 1/2 yrs...had bm for 2 months

I came from a xsara 2.0hdi to my 320d. I can't see where you are coming from at all?

My diesel bill is cheaper, my insurance is cheaper and the there is only about £20 difference in the tax.

And now I drive a better car too!

A old French car would probly see a garage more often then a old bmw too.

I just said I'd thought of using it again to help cut costs

Ins and tax are dearer on bm

As for for French seeing a garage more the bm....dont bank on it, in the 3 1/2 yrs i've had it it's had a clutch, b/joints, h/brake cable, couple of bulbs....see how the bm fairs up in the same time (if i've got it that long)

Edited by Stu9

I met a mate at the weekend and his son is paying over £4k ins on a SEAT Cupra

'Tis to be expected really considering?

OP I would personally stick with the BM due to the whole quality, driveability etc, but obviously if needs be then you must do what's more sensible really

Edited by James B

Used to really love my old 306 HDi. Front mount and an aggressive map and it was running about 160bhp. Torque steered like an absolute pig, but pretty good midrange given the low weight and cracked 50mpg no problem.

Edited by Mike-

I agree Rob....I priced a few parts between both on GSF ect, some are much the same but some for the bm are dam near double, but i know they'll be a better quality (or should be). I'll try and get it (Pug) through an mot though and take it from that.

Sounds daft, but i miss not using the Pug

Mike...mine's mapped to 125 from 90....Whippy did it from Pug.net, very knowledgable and helpfull guy

All I can say is my e46 is actually cheaper to run bar tax which is only slightly more!

Just going by my experience with the past for French cars I've had, that needed something done at least once a month if not more. Little or big.

So I'm now saving alot more money driving my e46