Shabaza

Down/Upgrade to e36 m3

Haven't gotten round to modding this beast yet.
Just servicing/replacing wear and tear items first.
Making sure I get the priorities right first

Took these pics a few weeks back when she happened to be clean - a bit of photo whoring for those that dont have instagram:

8400314front_zpscaa9ac3b.jpg

8400314_zps4a4481ef.jpg

Looks amazing and sounded even better in that car park! Haha

Made the whole place shake! .. Will always have a softspot for the 840, maybe ill have one at some point!

Cheers buddy, ashame we couldnt speak for long.

Funnily enough its a standard exhaust with a whole in it.

But it sounds good so havent got round to addressing it quite yet

So i have a galaxy tab with copilot app.

Have attached it to a cover - to which I have taped an L shaped bracket.

And the rest is as follows:
20140413_200440_zps4dad2422.jpg

20140413_200447_zpsa51e15ee.jpg

20140413_200519_zps13c89de7.jpg

And I have a cassette aux adapter I plug in to if I want to 'enhance' my ICE experience lol

A bit of an update - this section of the forum doesnt get huge attention but I will put up ownership experiences as I get on.

So to date I have spent (costs include fitting):

£350 replacing and upgrading rear trailing arm bushes

£750 on inspection 2 and fixing seat twist issue
£450 on brake discs and pads all round - pads aren't great so they will be upgraded/replaced soon

What will be done within next 3 months:
Both control arm bushes are knackered and are negating rear wheel alignment £400 each side (£800 + fitting) - ouch

Determined to get Eisenmann exhaust this year circa £1000 + fitting
Refurb alloys - keep them as winter alloys in future - if i suddenly feel spontaneous and rare alloys pop up they will be bought this year.

Then next year sort out bodywork - not a huge amount to do in fairness
Beef up steering wheel with Jack at royal steering
Possibly get lowering springs - hard to find good ones
Change the differential to 3.15 setup (taken from a 750 e32 - dont come up often)

Meanwhile during ownership - I have to say, im thoroughly enjoying it so far.
Looks great when returning to it parked up. Drives great and feels surprisingly nimble.

Get questioned on the car by onlookers and admirers all too often.

However the 8 series forums are comparatively dead although what does come up, the content of which puts most of the threads on here to shame.

So I have a long way to go - I hope I dont stall progress by purchasing an additional car but some of the early 90s Merc coupes look tempting to own

Edited by Shabaza

Car looks and sounds brilliant as it is. I have a video of you pulling away from me somewhere which I may put up ;)

Have you considered getting an exhaust made by Powerflow or someone similar? May be a lot cheaper than the Eisenmann.

Car looks and sounds brilliant as it is. I have a video of you pulling away from me somewhere which I may put up ;)

Have you considered getting an exhaust made by Powerflow or someone similar? May be a lot cheaper than the Eisenmann.

Thanks bro

Look forward to seeing it if you do.

I have heard custom exhausts being done - some sound great some sound s**te - where as the Eisenmann is on point.

Worst case scenario if I decide i dont want to stomach the cost i can get fabricator to do custom one around £600 fitted.

There's a guy on the e30zone with two e30 750s being broken if you want his details for the diffs? Both auto if that matters?

Yh why not - seems like an opportunity

Thanks in advance much appreciated

Edited by Shabaza

No worries :) I dunno how rare they are, so thought it might be worth looking into. If they're common then I guess not.

Thread here:

http://www.e30zone.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=251538

No worries :) I dunno how rare they are, so thought it might be worth looking into. If they're common then I guess not.

Thread here:

http://www.e30zone.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=251538

Thanks bro - I'm having to wait for my registration to be granted before I can view it.

But look forward to seeing the details

As Ive added the link elsewhere I may aswell add it here.

It must be 8-9 months ago now I added a powerflow exhaust to my car whilst I was looking for eisenmann to be imported.
Unfortunately rust forced my hand, one of the pipes leading up to a back box split and the exhaust was only held on by the exhaust clamp.

The otherside looked like it would soon follow suit.

The silverlining being I was able to look at the underside of my car whilst on a ramp quite thoroughly and I literally couldn't see any other traces of rust - so peace of mind there.

Anyhow with short notice being the agenda I went to a local exhaust fabricator who made me a cat back system with a resonator delete.
Here are the results:

Il try get a better video some day.

I was going to try quieten it a bit.
However I commute to work on the underground now after a change in vocation so this is my evening and weekend car so it doesn't bother so much. Infact I now crave the noise.

Early next year some wheels and a slight drop are next up on my list of mods (ICE may come first but thats likely to be a subtle change).

Thanks for reading (and listening)

Also if there are any mods watching this - I suspect the thread title could do with a change - dealers choice

Edited by Shabaza

So I have done the ICE on the car earlier this week- I went for a headunit that matches backlight colour of other instruments on the car.

The match is very good in person, especially at night.
I have also added a brodit system which works well plugged into the car.

Hadnt installed ICE for several years before attempting this so adding the DAB aerial and bluetooth mic successfully was very satisfying.

Anyway here are some pics:

20150124_120031_zpstpwsa27g.jpg

20150124_120051_zpsanh5il43.jpg

The unit itself is a tad overpriced at £170 but it comes with dual usb inputs, bluetooth and DAB added with the fact it has the right lighting colour I went for it.
My only complaint is, I was unable to find any similar units with a matte finish to match the rest of the dash.

I may get some night time pics if anyone else like the look of the thing and are interested in seeing it.

This year I'm hoping to get some 18" show wheels and possibly drop it slightly with a change of springs.

Then change the colour of the interior

Cheers Jay, took a while mindlessly going through headunits online finding it.
Unfortunately website filters are set with features in mind and not how OEM it looks lol

As above, looks surprisingly good in the dash and not out of place. Also, most newer Pioneer units allow you to change the illumination colour :ph34r:

12.1mpg :afro:

I have seen some of the units for sale, but the illuminations is reversed - ie black writing on orange background.

lol yes 12.1 mpg - you'd think it has a leak somewhere - But I do drive it like a knob

You know my thoughts on this car! :wub: :wub:

Radio looks like a good match too, considering. Shame very few people seem to cater for the OEM appearance with radios

but your e30 Joe :wub::wub::wub: 1 chassis number apart from the e31, somehow totally different and both totally gorgeous machines

Urghhhh i sooo want an 8 series in my life they just look amazing!

Get one while theyre good value. they can only go 2 ways - up in price or so low in price that there won't be many that are consistently well maintained.

I have to say, mine gives me little in the way of problems (aside from wear and tear items)

Edited by Shabaza