cjohnson

330d custom exhaust options?

Well mine failed for not having a cat,mine is straight thru with no silencers at all,i i'd fitted my std exhaust fom decat back he wouldnt have noticed

My mot is trade so i know him & he showed me an email from vosa recently sent stating if fitted with 1 as std must have 1 fitted,u can see that it has a decat fitted from underneath

Well mine failed for not having a cat,mine is straight thru with no silencers at all,i i'd fitted my std exhaust fom decat back he wouldnt have noticed

My mot is trade so i know him & he showed me an email from vosa recently sent stating if fitted with 1 as std must have 1 fitted,u can see that it has a decat fitted from underneath

You can get empty secondary cat shells on ebay if you don't fancy swapping parts out come MOT time http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Catalytic-converter-dummy-shells-/221376893770?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item338b17534a

Love the sound of yours :thumbup: , when are you doing your new exhaust?

I've got a million and one things on at the moment so don't see mine getting done this year :(

Thats why they now state engine covers and under trays fitted on the advisory as they are not allowed to remove them as part of the MOT.

I didn't get any advisory's for trays being fitted when I had mine done the other week and I don't know the tester.

@ cjohnson - sounds really really good and love your tourer :afro:

Trial fit my 3inch exhaust today. Good and bad.

The good is it sounds awesome.

Bad news, it is handing too low, made an error with 1 of the connects so need to fix that. Secondly there is something wrong with my engine, turbo or exhaust manifold. I know the manifold is leaking and the turbo is only ok.

I have a video on the phone but in the garage it sounds crap so won't bother uploading it. I'll get a good one when I get it fit correctly.

Eagerly awaiting the Magnex clips....

From prev. experience (GSi, Corrado & Cossie) I've always found magnex quality unmatched !

In the meantime, I'll just leave this here.........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fubh1cj4dh0

:o :o :o :o

Edited by Aamir

So got my magnex fitted, looks much better with the tailpipes. Not very loud but quite bit deeper, sounds good on the road. Friend has go pro with suction mount so will get a clip whilst under load when get a chance.

E46 330d Decatted and Magnex cat back exhaust: http://youtu.be/UkW2w7b8Nco

Edited by Todd1983