CHRIS555

Is fitting a strut brace worth it?

No real noticeable difference tbh. but in an accident.it can make a huge difference.

Had one on my old e36 when I binned it at the ring.. at that point it was the best mod I had ever done.

Kept the front end nice and square.

For handling. new shocks springs bushes and arbs is where the money should go

Agree with Fifty and Marcus. I have had them on past cars and the only one that made a difference was on my Golf VR6, which out of the factory handled like a cruise liner on a country lane. Every suspension upgrade / mod on that car made a difference, it really was that bad. On the e46 I don't think there is much if anything to be gained. But if it's cheap, fits and looks the part... :thumbsup:

Yes it will at list it does in my setup I got both strut brace front and rear, blistein b8 shock absorbers and eibach pro line springs and anti roll bar front and rear. So it's pretty stiff for road use but handle like dream :-)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I changed the rear ARB on my Audi Quattro Convertible for an RS4 one (direct swap) and it made a massive difference - cornering was more sharper and predictive and gave you the confidence to carry more speed into the corner and accelerate harder mid corner. I plan on doing the front and rear struts along with an Eibach arb kit - i want her as tight as possible! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I know the front M3 Vert ARB (27mm) works well i did a search on here and plenty have done it, plus they can be bought for £50 on ebay, is it worth swapping the rear for the vert bar also? i believe you have to get a NON M bar though

a stiff anti roll bar shouldn't ruin ride quality too much. If anything its the best way to get a sporty set up that's not too harsh for the road, stiff anti roll bar means flat cornering and allows shocks and springs to be softer to give a bit of comfort. I think its one of the most common misguided ideas people have when they modify a car, they want flat cornering for a sporty/direct feel,and so buy coilovers or shocks and springs but in fact stiff anti roll bars would address their needs more accurately.

ARB shouldn't ruin the ride quality at all as that's a combination of the springs and dampers. The ARB should flatten the car out during hard cornering and stop it leaning so much.

But yes i've also heard the M3 'vert ARB is a worthwhile upgrade. For the price i'd do it.

The question is though where do you go if you already have an M3 'vert? :P

he question is though where do you go if you already have an M3 'vert? :P

You go to a nice quiet country lane and enjoy the drive :)