Gaz

Off Topic Chat Volume 4

http://www.bmwracedays.co.uk/bmw-330-challenge/

Race series for E46 330i's... Nice cheap race car!

Now that does look interesting!

Was thinking of buying and tracking an E46 M3 since my 328 is starting to get on a bit, but this could be a cheaper option perhaps...

Would like to speak to someone in a similar series before committing i think, find out what the real world costs are! Expect keeping the car running would be one of the lesser expenses. Would also be good to get hold of a regulation book to see what they stipulate about things like brakes, tyres, suspension, etc etc.

I've got a good friend who races in the Mazda MX-5 Super Cup which seems to be similar http://www.mx5supercup.co.uk/race-supercup and suggests a £16k first year cost (about 50% of that being the car)

I can put you in touch with him if you like to get an idea of the 'hidden' costs if you know what I mean (body repair, wear ant tear etc).

I've got a good friend who races in the Mazda MX-5 Super Cup which seems to be similar http://www.mx5supercup.co.uk/race-supercup and suggests a £16k first year cost (about 50% of that being the car)

I can put you in touch with him if you like to get an idea of the 'hidden' costs if you know what I mean (body repair, wear ant tear etc).

Yeah another person said around £20k first year with roughly 50% being costs to build a competitive car. I'm only thinking out loud at the moment so no need for the introduction just yet, thanks though.

Does that first year cost includes HANS, suit, helmet, license etc., or does it assumes that they're prior assets?

Race prepared second hand car £8,000-10,000 Second hand trailer £800 Safety clothing/helmet £600 Medical/ARDS test/MSA Licence £400 BRSCC Racing Membership/SuperCup Registration £425 Race entries (8 meetings, 18 Races ) £2,600 Fuel (races & travel) £1,200 Consumables (oil, brakepads etc) £1,000 Tyres £600 Contingency budget £1,000

IMO it would be great if they tailored something like this towards a joint venture. Make it so you have to pit stop after x amount of laps and change driver so you and a pal can split the costs over the space of the year and get equal amount of track/race time.

While 50 goals for England is an achievement that the media can cream themselves over, since 2004 he has 1 goal at the Euro Finals and 1 goal at the World Cup Finals, hardly 'great'

Mind you, Bobby Charlton didn't score ANY goals against San Marino so Rooney has that on him!

I'm currently in the outside smoking area at Bristol airport and just heard two women 55-60yrs old talking. "Have you had a Brazilian or a landing strip" says one "landing strip says the other one". I now actually feel sick. If you could see the pair of them you'd agree. one of them is staring at me now. I feel violated. ?