Chris_h

Style 32s vs tiger claws

18" E38 staggered Style 32s vs 19" x5 tiger claws

I have a set of e38 style 32s off an e38. I drive a black touring.

Do I recon them? Or get a set of tiger claws?

How much work is it to fit the 32s? I know arch roll, possibly machine 5mm off rear wheel..

Will the car to get a good stance be too low for daily driving (NOT going sideways over speed bumps!!)

The car will be a daily for me and the wife, so it needs to go low, but still drivable!

So... The million dollar question is which wheel?

Do I go 19" tiger claws Or!! Recon and fit the 32s?

What is needed when fitting either?? Do I need to roll the arches? Seen Jay's, gaz and I think it was jassi.

REALLY don't know what wheel to go for!!

Definately fitting coilovers, just worried the 32s when dunped will be too low...

Cheers guys!!

Daz.. What did u do to yours? What tyres, coilovers, spacers, arch mods etc? Sooo torn!

Am I correct in thinking if you lower a car to the same on each wheel the 19s the car will be higher?

Also, do I need to run bump stops with the 32s? How do u stop the wheel from hitting the arch as it will be si far out..

Thats mad same two sets of wheels ive been looking at for mine I did try a set of style 37s but way to wide for my liking , I would love to see how well the 32s fit on a touring I no we have less arch than a coupe , ive seen a few pics with tigerclaws on and they look cool but from what ive read they are heavy and you lose alot of the handling from the car , what coilovers were you thinking of buying as ive been looking at the fk's but would love to ride in a car to see if I could handle the bumpy ride you get

100% my good man.

But with weight comes strength!

I dont mind the weight. It's a family car so I am thinking the height difference between 18s & 19's plus the need for arch work and poss machining down the rears a reason to go for tiger claws??

So... Considering both options lead to rolling... Who's in or around Cardiff with an arch roller? And some good experience? I've heard that the best thing to do is roll them and leave the sealant on. Can't roll then flat, but u don't get rust issues later down the line..,

Devil 666. ReAd ur whole thread mate! From behinning to end last night!! Ur what ispirede lol!

Did u encounter what trickster is saying about wobble?

Are they really as heavy as people say they are?? And what did u have to do to make them fit in all? As I've read so many articles my heads fried!!

Is the ride very hard? Looking at getting fk ak streets, u experienced them?

Cheers

Chris

Devil 666. ReAd ur whole thread mate! From behinning to end last night!! Ur what ispirede lol!

Did u encounter what trickster is saying about wobble?

Are they really as heavy as people say they are?? And what did u have to do to make them fit in all? As I've read so many articles my heads fried!!

Is the ride very hard? Looking at getting fk ak streets, u experienced them?

Cheers

Chris

I am glad that you like it.Many people said that it sits perfectly.It took many hours to make it right.

For sure X5 wheels are heavier than standard MV2 but not as bad as many people said.

You can feel it but to be honest I dont care as it looks much better than standard 18" wheels.

You will need streched tyres front 215/35 rear 245/30 or front 225/35 rear 235/35)

I used the 1st option 215 and 245.

Without lowering looks stupid (TO ME) but if you buy coilovers you will be fine. I have FK Highsport coilovers so far so good,harder than M sport suspension but I love it.

If you have coilovers you will need 20mm front and 5mm rear spacers.If you use 20 and 5 mm you dont have to do the arch as still have enough space everywhere.

I will upload a few close pics on my forum,where you can see everything.

If you need more help or pics just le me know.

Yep, sits perfectly.

Think I'm asking the impossible question.. Is there anyone out there that had tried a low offset 18" wheel and then tried 19s with a stretched tyre? As I'm after a comparison...

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I'm after the better ride and less hassle really. Anyone out there got 32s that can give me sum pointers.. If I knew what I was doing and the offset wasn't an issue I'd stick with the 32s!! Only as a summer wheel

Yep, sits perfectly.

Think I'm asking the impossible question.. Is there anyone out there that had tried a low offset 18" wheel and then tried 19s with a stretched tyre? As I'm after a comparison...

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I'm after the better ride and less hassle really. Anyone out there got 32s that can give me sum pointers.. If I knew what I was doing and the offset wasn't an issue I'd stick with the 32s!! Only as a summer wheel

I spent a few nights trying to find saloons or tourings running on 32s but could only find coupes there was a couple running silly lows

Also they did the 32s in a 17" which I did find a few of ,I almost bought a set but its catch 22 as my cars not on coilovers so wont be able to try them anyway , seems like all the nice wheels dont go stright on which is a bitch