ATM

Widest Wheels

I picked up some BBS wheels last night which I'm confident are genuine. The tyres on these are 225 40 18 front and 265 35 18 rear. I'll have a look at the markings for offsets and report back.

I've not tried them yet. The PFS rings are missing from the rears. If I can get the front ones out I could try them in the rears. If not I'll need to get some new ones ordered first.

I'm not worried about back seat passengers. As this is a fun car I might remove a lot of the interior. I'm already thinking fixed buckets.

What are PFS rings?

You might also find they rub under load when on track and all the weight shifts to a one corner. I may be wrong as the offsets are quite reasonable, but you might need spacers to get over the brakes which could mess things up.

Suppose you wont know until you try though.

Oh and personally i would have gone for a square set up for track use as thinner front tyres will lead to understeer.

PFS is the name BBS give to their spigot type rings. They're cnc machined instead of plastic and they are held in with a cir-clip.

I could go narrower on the back to approach a squarer setup but I dont really like the sound of that. So I'm trying to go wider front and back. I have no idea what will fit and what wont. I guess the only way is to try.

I think they will fit on the car. I did some Googling and quite a few people talk about the rare 10 inch et40 bbs wheels. It's the non-m offsets which make them rare it seems. I'm not sure I like the idea of driving the car without the locating rings. A trial fit without a little test drive seems a bit pointless doesn't it?

I just had a trial fit of a front wheel. It went on ok with no spacer. Cleared the massive brake caliper - just. Bad news is I couldn't tighten up the nuts because the thread of the studs are too long. Took a couple of pics.

Can we upload pics easy with this tapatalk app?