mjn

Black Forest / German Alpine Road / Austria / Italy / Switzerland Road Trip - June 25th-July 2nd 2016

July 16 could work for me, always wanted to go on a proper European Road trip!!! - I could be up for this money dependent (hopefully buying my 1st house end 2015 / early 2016) - Best Wishes for your parents mate! - Have subscribed to the thread.

Andy

Cool. Trying to get my brother going as well......needs to finish building his Cosworth though!

Will see if I can get 1 - 2 mates to come.

With only 140 days to go, i'll be updating this more regularly.

Day 6 now updated here: http://www.e46zone.com/forum/topic/54102-black-forest-german-alpine-road-austria-italy-switzerland-road-trip-june-25th-july-2nd-2016/?do=findComment&comment=822741

More details to be added.

Hotels are costing 400 euros, plus £140 for eurotunnel.

However, diesel is dirt cheap at the moment and food won't be too bad.

Reckon you'd need about £1000-1500. Next year is undecided, but maybe Norway or maybe Prynees.

Day 6 has been updated with a route.  In the end i had to cut the route down, as there were simply too many roads to drive.  So, i axed most of Italy and have decided that next year will be The Italian Job :)

The Italian Job Roadtrip 2017, thread soon to be started :)

suitably proper trip :)

done a few runs round the alps but on the western end of switzerland into italy and some of the italy - france ones. 

going in august en route to my wedding in italy via black forest - lucerne - grimsel - furka - st gotthard :) 

if you were going month later I could have tagged along and sloped off before the finish grrr