gaz-777

Gaz's Graphite Grey 330ci

Monday I raised the suspension about 1cm all round as the car will be fully loaded on Thursday for a family break down south. Also filled up at shell and chucked in some redex fuel system cleaner into the tank. Checked oil, water and tyre pressures.

Yesterday I gave it a complete clean inside and out, started off with snow foam, two bucket method wash and patted dry. Then I went over the paint with poor boys black hole by hand and then a coat of dodo juice purple haze wax. Got great results but it still needs a clay at some point to completely remove contamination from the paint. Inside I Hoovered, cleaned all plastics with auto glym interior shampoo and cleaned the leather with chemical guys leather cleaner.

Couple of Pics

93BC6663-5807-49B9-A62A-F5564F0AEA69.jpg

B03CF919-AF2B-4A85-A329-878E5F227E53.jpg

Thanks Bob, the paintwork looks a lot better in person too. As you can see I try where possible to park well out of the way of other cars to prevent dings and scratches from careless people! The Mrs always pulls me up about doing it as she has to walk further.

Really really like this car. Looks perfect and dare I say sits even more perfect raised up that 1cm :afro:

Thanks Ash, you know what, I was thinking the same yesterday after looking at it sat in the hotel car park. Height looks bang on now, I will leave it for a while and see if I change my mind, lol.

Lovely looking car man :)

We've got similar plates!

T9qpOjE.jpg

Cheers Gaz! Mrs brought me the plates for my 30th. She will be getting one soon, her initials are CLJ.

Nice time @ Peppa Pig World (you're parked 3 cars behind me)? Must say the colour looks stunning in the flesh!

Ha!! Can't believe that mate! It's my second time there, we came yesterday, went on 2 rides and the heavens opened. So we had to leave, glad today's weather was ok as I'd be asking for a refund!

Update 15/06/15

Took the car today for its M.O.T, and pleased to say she passed, just one advisory and that was ;

'Front upper anti-roll bar ball joint dust cover deteriorated, but preventing the ingress of dirt'. I will keep my eye on that and replace when required.

Mileage is now on 67,411 so it's done about 3,600 miles since the last M.O.T.

After returning home I adjusted the car suspension back down again after raising it a few weeks ago due to having a full load. I had washed it yesterday so I decided to take off the Audi A4 tail pipes and give them a clean up with some wire wool.

73FAC796-21A5-4569-8FED-4E4344E32E0B_1.j

Also while the rear wheel was off I sat it next to one of my spare falken 235/35/19 tyres just to see the difference in width.

The top tyre is a nankang 245/35, very very slightly stretched on the 9.5j wheel. Bottom is the falken 235/35 tyre, not a lot of difference in width.

23059B9A-70C8-4AA7-B9A2-F4AB36F29B0D.jpg

And a side shot of the 245/35 nankang Ns2.

0F137E15-2E8D-47EA-901E-1E8BAC6116D2_1.j

I want to fit my 12mm spacers on the rear and after trying with the 245/35 tyre that's currently fitted, I had a little rubbing over bumps on the road. Now I know the previous owner 'Rebel' tried the same with the falken 235/35 tyre and had similar rubbing, so I'm going to get some more nankang tyres in a 235/35 size and try them as they are very slightly narrower and stretch better. Just a few more mm makes all the difference.

Then I had a go at removing the front number plate holder and stuck the number plate straight onto the bumper. Looks so good with no plate though! Will see how long it lasts as I'm not 100% sure about it though.

38996316-BD9D-4FA7-A081-BEE78914902B_1.j

Also a few weeks ago I won a sub on eBay that I grabbed for a bargain, it's only 4 months old and it's just something that I wanted to add a bit of bass to the car.

95BD287A-FF7D-43D6-AD9D-9625F511AC3F.jpg

Still not decided about a head unit as I want a crisp sound system, so I am looking at after market units now, obviously a factory look is preferred but I may have to compromise on that.

Opinions welcome guys.

Thanks for the info Tony, really appreciate it. Going to order the 235 tyres today, I did check the spacers over last year as I used them on the rear with the MV2's last winter and were fine.

As for the sub, I think I'm going to punch out the ski hatch and sit the sub facing the cabin. The sub has a built in amp so it's just a case of wiring it up. (Need a head unit before I do this though).

I really don't want to start hacking at things behind the dash, so a single din unit is what I've been looking at. I quite like this pioneer unit, it has what I need with blue tooth, direct iPod control etc etc. it also has an RGB colour illumination feature, so I can match the amber illumination of the dash. And I will try and get hold of a central locating panel, but don't fancy paying BMW's price for one!

Pioneer DEH-X8700BT

D1959594-7A4F-49F4-9F98-4C16EE836C53.jpg

I rarely use the car, so fitting a unit with sat nav, apps, web etc won't be used. I am one for sound quality, so when I do use the car will have the satisfaction of having a great sound.

If I were to use the car daily for work for example then I might consider a change, but for now this is all I need.

Had the tyres delivered this morning, these will be going on in a couple of weeks when I get time. Just so busy with work and family at the minute. Plus I've just booked my HGV class 2 training for end of July.

63FDB693-760B-48A1-8C6C-E0B983A13329.jpg

Purchased the tyres from Tyreleader at £66 each, free delivery from Germany. Not a bad price at all ?

Edited by gaz-777

Haha, not weird Bob, quite like the new tyre smell and burning rubber smell!

I currently work for Asda logistics in one of their biggest depots in Lutterworth. Been there 8 years now and always fancied the driving. So the plan is to get my class 2, then class 1 and then transfer from the warehouse to the transport depot just across the road. With all the retirements in the next 5 years they are asking for younger drivers now.

Really looking forward to it, but had to sacrifice a holiday this year to fund it!

Well good luck for the test mate :)

I was lucky as work paid for mine then changed my contract and gave me a small rise, was driving within a couple of weeks of passing the test.

Cheers buddy, Asda have done a driving ambition scheme this year, but unfortunately I didn't meet the criteria due to having some absence last November after badly distroying the ligaments in my left ankle.

I might sign up for some agency work while I'm waiting for a position once I've passed.

Edited by gaz-777

Car looking good gaz re class 2 pretty poor excuse from your employer given the nature of your absence and the amount of time you have been there I was lucky that I got my class 2 thru my old employer and my current employer put me thru my class 1 last July.hope to see u posting that u have passed when the time comes